Avoid cancellation charges

Discussion in 'Options' started by Option Trader, Nov 9, 2006.

1. omcate

omcate

I was just answering a question posted by daniel5198 few days ago.

I do not understand why you ask the above question.

#21     Nov 19, 2006
  2. I like OptionsXpress and I have cancalled option orders and was never charged a cancellation fee.

Plus they are on top here:

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/1550280182488.html

Notice also on the chart their trade excution rating of 4.7 is higher than anyone.

#22     Nov 20, 2006
  3. Sure, when you're paying $13 to trade 10 option lots instead of $7.50 at IB, little things like "cancellation fees" can be hidden in the $5.50 you pay extra each time you trade.

But all of this is an endless argument. It's unlikely someone who intentionally, and in the face of any contradicting evidence, leaves their money with IB, OX, Fidelity, eTrade, or anyone else would argue they're being foolish.

#23     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Hi Full,

Sorry, but the reply I made including the one sentence you quoted of my reply had nothing to do with IB.

I was replying to linda options who said:

"I know that Barron's reccomends thinkorswim as th number one online option broker and they have the best website around for option traders. Also, if you open an account through RandomWalkTrading.com 's website then thinkorswim will waive all ticket fees for the life of the account, which saves at least $9 on every trade."

After seeing his, I mean her, post, I went to RandomWalkTrading (which is of course what they want you to do) and it is nothing more than someone selling self written books and the post Linda made about the you will save on every trade was taken just about word for word off of that website that has been around in just 1 year and the FAQ's are quite weird. I think this Linda Options might be the owner of this book selling site as she seems to make mention of it often in her very few posts made here.

Anyway, again, had nothing to do with IB.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

PS: And if he or she is the owner of that site, then they should pay Baron for advertising like everyone else does instead of shilling for it in posts IMO.

#24     Nov 20, 2006
  5. I've noticed the same thing with linda's (his/her) posts. Makes one wonder, lol. Also very quick to give an opinion that sounds as if it's come out of a book :). I'm sure I'm gonna cop it sweet now!
    Daddy's boy

#25     Nov 21, 2006