Avnx

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 2ez, Jan 10, 2007.

1. MaxLD

MaxLD

2ez,

Cramer put it this way: AVNX is your one stop shopping fiber optic source. They can put together the entire infrastructure required for a complete fiber optic network. Yeah, I didn't know what that meant either. Between the BooYahs and the sound of a truck backing up, I was able to glean from it that a certain component compatibility exists. The stock tanked not long after his lengthy monologue.

I haven't listened to Cramer in a long while. People who track his picks will report that he's no better than anybody else. The AVNX spiel was probably last thing from him that I paid attention to.

Good luck. You have a good shot at 3.00+ I think. I have no good reason for this except to report that it did in fact test the high 2.90's.

#11     Feb 4, 2007
  2. 2ez

2ez

Thanks for the reply my friend....

seems the company had issues, but has gone thru a reorg to correct this...

Never seen anything negative about the technology....just the issues with the company.

#12     Feb 4, 2007
  3. 2ez

2ez

let's see how the market digest this tomorrow.

Hopefully, i can make a few pennies here.

Avanex quarterly loss narrows

By MarketWatch
    Last Update: 4:41 PM ET Feb 6, 2007

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Avanex Corp. said late Tuesday its fiscal second-quarter loss narrowed to $8.55 million, or 4 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss of $18.5 million, or 13 cents a share.
    Excluding items, the loss was 2 cents a share.
    Analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial expected, on average, a quarterly loss of 2 cents a share.
    The Fremont, Calif., photonic systems provider's revenue for the second quarter ended Dec. 31 increased to $55.6 million from $50.9 million a year ago. Wall Street expected quarterly revenue of $55 million.
    Avanex (AVNXAVNX
    News , chart, profile, more

Delayed quote dataAdd to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alertInsider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    ) expects third-quarter revenue of $54 million to $57 million. Wall Street expects third-quarter revenue of $56 million.

#14     Feb 6, 2007
  4. 2ez

2ez

Little disappointed in the today's trading activity.

Good chance I am getting out before the close....

I am up....just expected more.

#15     Feb 7, 2007
  5. I sold 10 last night at 2.15 and my last 5 this morning at 2.15.

Was long from 2.20 last week, so I took a small loss.

#16     Feb 7, 2007
  6. I`m staying long and strong. I`m not the love em and leave em type of trader these days. :D

Personally I think the weekly chart is forming up for a bigger move. Nice 5 week pennant forming.

#17     Feb 7, 2007
    #18     Feb 7, 2007
  8. 2ez

2ez

in at 2.08....

out at 2.16

still keeping an eye on it.

I actually thought high 2.20's or low 2.30's.....but hey...as long as I am not down.

#19     Feb 7, 2007