*Averaging* 50% daily ATR on the ES including costs/slippage w/ profit factor of 2.0+

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Kovacs, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Kovacs

Kovacs

Say across a span of 100 trading sessions, is it possible for a master ES daytrader to consistently capture one-half of the daily range after costs with a low risk of ruin?

Please share your thoughts on the possibility.

2. 3x the daily range son.

3. Just 3x? :confused:

6x to be considered a pro with the guys that I trade with.

4. You trade? Last I heard when the market opens you leave to go grocery shopping and get your nails done. When the mkt closes you are back at your desk :cool:

5. LOL, and I still made enough to scare your weak ass away from posting your blotter against mine ... heh.

Wha a Jackass :D

P.S. The offer is still on the table, putz. :cool:

Check your PM's dipstick.

6. Kovacs

Kovacs

There's definitely a Top Gun moment going on here. Sexual tension is as thick as Slider's johnson.

7. I just *knew* I'd seen a sexual tension picture somewhere:

[​IMG]

8. Kovacs

Kovacs

[​IMG]

9. R. Raskolnikov took a job as fluffer the last time he blew out his account ... that's probably where you're getting it from.

But it's completely one-sided ... unless there's something going on between you and him that the rest of us don't know about. :p

10. 3x ATR is good if its like your first week trading.

as mandlebroset said, 6x is good once you're past novice level.

i have a blackbox system running on ES, NQ and 6B that pulls 27x, 25x, and 15x ATR, respectively). Unfortunatley im only able to trade 50 ES cars at a time which limits my daily P/L (after commissions) to around $75k. Everything is automated so i just sit back and watch my account grow while i drink $20k wine and read Trader's Monthly. Sometimes tho when the weather is nice i'll go out and polish my Veyron instead.

#10     Jan 28, 2009