Average Wall St paycheck $300k?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ahh well...there would also be little incentive to find a cure for cancer, aids, diabetes etc etc...or improve promote a clean environment...or enforce humane living.....or....

#31     Oct 18, 2006
  2. true..but defining success as working at a hedge fund or in mergers and acquistions or LBO deals, while making lots of $ and having bling and a high end lexus at 25...is not the same as working in a research lab to find a cure for disease while flying coach driving a toyota prius....

#32     Oct 18, 2006
  3. That's why the call it the Big Crapple (Pile of Crap).

Please don't throw away decades of your life to try to make a fleeting impression on others that you have the new Lexus. People only remember that for a minute anyway.

#33     Oct 18, 2006
  4. $20,000,000,000 / 500,000 office workers = $40,000

even at $20 bil / 100,000 workers = $200k

#34     Oct 18, 2006
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

success is not measured by what you own...at least not when you are looking back...looking forward this may be the case....I've been dirt poor and i've also made money in my life..in the end its not about how many cars you own or how big your house is..its about how uve lived your life...im not saying money is a bad thing...all im saying is; its not a measure to ones success...just be happy doing what you do...everything else should fall into place..and if it doesnt at least ur happy... peace

#35     Oct 18, 2006
  6. Neodude

Neodude

Success is not measured by what other people tell you what success is measured by, it is measured by what ever you want it to be measured by. Remember, we all have our own values, one man's success is being rich another man's success is owning his own fruit stand.

-Neo

#36     Oct 18, 2006
  7. Drew07

Drew07

How do you measure success? Is a single mother that works minimum wage to support her children successful?? As a mother...my answer would be yes... because she is providing a life for her kids. But does that make her successful in her career? Any scientist, politician, writer, stockbroker, etc etc who is successful in their field makes a good income. Argue that.

I think that I have good morals as far as the way I treat other people so dont think of me as aspiring to be some young hot shot who spits on people who are poor, but what's wrong with wanting to be rich? And why is it so taboo for money to be motivation to work hard?

#37     Oct 18, 2006
  8. bonds

bonds

about how much in taxes would an american earning 300k have to pay?

#38     Oct 18, 2006
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

I would guesstimate > 40% after state and federal.

#39     Oct 18, 2006
  10. Drew07

Drew07

#40     Oct 18, 2006