average Swift-trader make?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CowboyBlue, May 4, 2005.

1. no such thing at Swift Igor, they do not exist and never will. Overnite defeats the purpose of Swifts "trading"

I asked the question in training and they trade the way they trade because the least risk is during the normal market hours, they can control it, and Swift is all about controlling things.

#41     Aug 21, 2005
  2. hi ppl, I'm about to finish my 6th month at swift. Im one of the only 3 guys who made the curve to become traders in my class [of about 30ppl]. So yeah, the curb is a killer.
    Im located in one of em new third world offices... Im currently getting 12% under 10k and then just 15% for 10k-20k... from what Im reading here, is not the best deal but around here is pretty much the only deal... I guess the real value comes from what Im learning, not from the money... I can always relocate later on ;)

#42     Sep 27, 2005
  3. That's the right attidtude to have. Once you know how to trade, no one can take that away form you. Work hard, Build your stake, and then you can negotiate a better deal. Everyone pays their dues in life, trading is no different.

Congrats on being one of the few who made it.

Continued success to you!

Mike

#43     Sep 27, 2005
  4. alex8ye

alex8ye

Wow, that means only 10% can graduate!! How long it takes you to graduate??? And what kind of stock you trade??? So you guys make 200-300 $ , is that enough for your guys to live in that part of the world???

#44     Sep 27, 2005
  5. Some people will say that swift can pay whatever teh local market requires, but this makes me sad. I think 35% sucks. I hope US dollars are worth a lot where you are.

#45     Sep 27, 2005
  6. I think is about 10%, maybe a bit less since they kept on refillin the room as ppl left[im guessing 30ppl but it could've been more]
    $200-300 aint shit around here... but when I quit my last job at a bookie's I cover my expenses for a few months in order to be able to trade full time without worries.

right now we're trading mostly in stocks where you can get tons of rebates and little or no gross. [jdsu, sunw, etc.] But some of us also trade in stocks where there's a bit more momentum, like nvda, msft, and such.

#46     Sep 28, 2005
  7. geez, working at Swift seems like a third world sweatshop, paying you peanuts while management makes the lion's share from your efforts. Learn to trade there, build some money, then BAIL!!! good luck!

#47     Sep 28, 2005
  8. What branch are you at? Just like other people said before. SWIFT IS A GREAT PLACE TO START. Prove yourself, if you can't make it at swift it would be really hard for you to make it as a trader anywhere else. The skills you need to graduate at swift don't differ much from trading skills you need in any market or any other company.

When you get good there are better deals out there.

#48     Sep 28, 2005
  9. Why don't you leave for other company. There is lots of them in the GTO area, instead of crying about your cut? I don't get it! You seem like a good trader, start looking around there has been lots of good suggestions on this board of where you can go, either trade romotly or in an office with other people.

SwiftMike

#49     Sep 28, 2005
  10. marubozu

marubozu

I disagree somewhat, as management tends to be autocratic. Trading is one of the few arenas in which a person can be truly creative - and when it comes to making money in the markets you need to be. So, as a beginner at Swift, it is difficult to try some of your theories out. You may even know more about what you are doing than your so-called trainer does. It is very difficult to trade when they watch your trades like hawks and come screaming at you asking you what the hell you are doing in a certain stock, even if you are making money. There's a lot of mind-f***ing that goes on in some of the branches.

They don't teach you dick about trading to begin with, and as you kow, their ideas of what works are not necessarily for everyone. But just because the Swift style works for some, others may have their own successful methods. Some of those traders tend to do much better once they've left Swift and gone to other shops that leave them alone when they trade.

#50     Sep 29, 2005