average Swift-trader make?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CowboyBlue, May 4, 2005.

1. Can you provide a news release explaining the no shaving thing?

#31     Aug 11, 2005
  2. go see my post in the other thread he started regarding the shaving thing. The SEC extended the compliance time.

#32     Aug 11, 2005

3. The average hired on trader that has been with the company for 6 months (since hiring ie reaching the 2000$ goal) should make around 6000$ for the company. Depending on country of residence you will get according payout. This statistic is a little bit skewed due to the fact that there is disproportionate amount of traders at the top (about 10% (or 25 or so regularly hit above 15000) and probably a large number of traders who get "stuck" at the 2000 level because their peanut size brains can't get over it and/or live in china and are happy with their 5% payout of 2000 which is still higher than the average wage in that country.

#33     Aug 11, 2005
  4. mnx

mnx

I spoke with genesis and they gave me a shitty deal. swift's was substantially better but 'most' traders don't do over 20000 trades in a month.

I haven't bothered to run golden's #'s vs. my stats yet, but if I stick with swift long enough I'll be getting a higher payout anyways.....

Who else do you suggest I should contact? I'm looking for a 2nd account at this point.

mnx

#34     Aug 11, 2005
  5. Hi all.
    Just got here through google looking for Swift advice, and man, it doesn't look so good, eh?I've got an interview with them on Mon...
    Anyhow, I've fresh out of school and completely green - so I'm assuming that means I'll be living off of credit cards for 6 months - correct?
    Any advice around here for an absolute novice who actually wants to be able to pay rent?

#35     Aug 20, 2005
  6. Get a second job...do what ever it takes to get through your learning curve.

#36     Aug 20, 2005
  7. well....I would say definately 3-4 months of living off credit cards (1st month stuck at 100 shares pretty much....2nd month you have the chance at graduating...and then if you graduate you'll get paid at the end of the third).

Some will disagree with me but don't let anyone tell you that it's not possible to graduate in the 2nd or 3rd month. I personally came in knowing virtually nothing about trading (just Dummies books and a bit of other reading) and I don't have a degree. My boss told me it was "impossible" to be in the green for the first 3 months. I told him at the interview that I would prove him wrong. I made $200 the first month and $1000 the 2nd and this month I should graduate. (I probably would have graduated the 2nd month but I made some stupid mistakes and didn't adapt to the market. Please note that I'm the first one my boss ever saw be in the green the first month).

Bottom line...you can make money sooner than 6 months if you have the drive, ambition, and put the time in to learn the ropes. (however, natural understanding is obviously an important part also).

Hope that helps and good luck!

P.S.- if you have access to a vehicle Pizza Delivery is a very lucrative job to have on the side believe it or not. I make $800- $1000 a month (after gas cost) and work 15 hours a week.

#37     Aug 20, 2005
  8. askme

askme

Well, you can graduate in 1 month... that is what I did, back when graduation was 3K, now it is even smaller 2k, which is a joke...

#38     Aug 20, 2005
  9. It depends obviously what type of trading they start you on whether you can graduate really quickly. Some people (in the past) at our branch started on amex arbing the qqq's and graduated instantly and made lots of money. Todays graduates at our branch take a few months to graduate. I did it in my 3rd on NYSE.

#39     Aug 21, 2005
  10. ig0r

ig0r

lol arbing q's against what? the components?

do you get overnights at swift?

#40     Aug 21, 2005