average Swift-trader make?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CowboyBlue, May 4, 2005.

1. Honestly I consider the payout at swift fair if it were not for quote fees etc...at least they could take it off the topline and not off your bottom line, that being said they're still around which isnt too bad, montreal office has some very good people within the group and their best trader by far, I was there when he made his first thousand dollar day, now he makes that on his first trades LOL , the kid is simply amazing, jsut dont understand why he hasnt gone out on his own although I suspect his payout is way higher, and rightfully so may i add. Me I tried the swift way, wasnt for me, but I walked away and made some interesting "friends". The goal in life is to learn and swift was definitely a learning exdperience LOL, Besides got to see weird al yankowicz

#21     May 6, 2005
  2. marubozu

marubozu

How can you compare Swift's ProsperPro (er, sorry, ProsperNot), with LightSpeed? - LS is great, whether you trade for rebates or trade positions. It's completely customizeable and has so many features. What is more important is that it is a thousand times more stable than PP.

#22     May 6, 2005
  3. Hello there,
    Just noticed a few job postings for some of the Canadian Swift trade offices. I am thinking about applying but I want to learn more about them first.

So as a beginner trader you are trained on their method of trading. Can you use other methods or are you to follow theirs?

Do they pay you during the training time? or is it up to you to make the money once to trade?

I would really like to learn more about the process. I am currently in a job transition and would love to work for a firm and trade but get paid for it.

Please all your infomation good or bad would be great.

#23     Aug 10, 2005
  4. Do a search on swift trade and find all the other threads. If you have more questions after reading about 1000+ posts then come back and ask.

Take care

#24     Aug 10, 2005
  5. As of next month there is NO MORE shaving for ANY stocks over 1.00..now what happens to all Swifts ECN rebaters...Also the Milinieum game is getting harder as more people and firms are using them...The ONLY way to make it in this industry is trade for P/L...Spoke to a swift guy today who had no idea shaving is finished what a joke..
    momo

#25     Aug 10, 2005
  6. Im just curious... is it your dream to see swift go bankrupt? I get the feeling from your posts your an ex swifttrader who was actually sucessful, and now that your making more money elsewhere you think that the firm you started at should rot in hell.

Please correct my wrongs in the above statment.

#26     Aug 10, 2005
  7. momo has a huge problem with swifttrade... which is ok with me... but its been his 2 years of non stop childish claims of "the rebate game is going to be over.. blah blah blah" , "swifttrade sux, blah blah blah... that really gets annoying.

Let me ask... how many times have you said the rebate game will be over? It's been 3 years and it's still around fool, when it is over fine... i'm sure some people will know how to adapt and trade differently. You'd be stupid not to take money that is there on the table.

#27     Aug 10, 2005
  8. Someone should show Goldies cheque on here, selling his part of Swifttrade for $1.00.

A picture speaks a 1000 words.

#28     Aug 10, 2005
  9. Singer

Singer

1. I found a whole bunch of better deals... why haven't you been able to find any? No internet connection? No phone?

2. I've traded on 4 different platforms, including ProsperPro and Lightspeed... they all have their quirks, but PPro is definitely the least versatile and customizable. It's not bad, but there are many better platforms.

3. If you can't or won't adapt your trading style to different SOFTWARE, and use that as an excuse to avoid change for the better (IE moving to another firm where you would make more money), you deserve what you get.

#29     Aug 10, 2005
  10. momo trader...where do u see no more shaving as of next month..that is great news

id love to see the link

d

#30     Aug 10, 2005