average Swift-trader make?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CowboyBlue, May 4, 2005.

1. That's funny, so if you go prop for the leverage, say 10:1, and you only get to keep 35% of it, your actually making less then if you just had a retail accout with 4:1 leverage?

#11     May 5, 2005
  2. mnx

mnx

yeah but we don't put *any* money down at swift... so the leverage is more like infiniity to one...

haha

mnx

#12     May 5, 2005
  3. how much buying power do they start you out at?

#13     May 5, 2005
  4. $10,000 (U.S.) to start as a student, increasing from there as you get better at making consistent profits. It's discretionary at that point.

#14     May 5, 2005
  5. that is the WORST deal I have EVER heard of!!!

#15     May 5, 2005
  6. askme

askme

MNX!!! ....LOL... That's so frickin' funny! SYSTEM DOWN! WHY NOT GO ON ET...lol... SCREW PETER BECK!

With regards to leverage it's Infinity to NONE! lol... All I can say is that I've been at Swift for 1.5 years and there are many many things that piss me off there, but it's not easy to find a better deal...so I dont wanna rush into anything... and I know when I say this... I've seen other softwares and in a way many of them incl. Light Speed simply are not good enough for my style of trading... although they could be ranked as platinum on NASDAQ... you cant even see your "NET" on most of them, all you see is "GROSS" and that just doesnt cut it for me...

I think I could piss some people off here with my comments and that I support Swift...lol... but I care less, 'cause I dont support them by any means, it's just how it is.

#16     May 5, 2005
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Complete garbage.

#17     May 5, 2005
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Is it just me, or is this one of the worst deals in the history of trading?

#18     May 5, 2005
  9. GSCO

GSCO

but if you are up any money, then you are still risking that. For beginners there is no risk but once you've made it you're like any other prop firm.

It all depends how much they are willing to let you bleed into the profits you've made for them. Again, same as all the other prop firms.

#19     May 5, 2005
  10. Swift is like McDonalds, you go there becase it is an ideal 1st job and no one else will take you without experience.

The main difference, you start at McDs when you are 14, and at Swift when you are 21.

Afterwards, you bitch about it and will never go back. It is a stepping stone, and some people will even step on you while you are there.

#20     May 5, 2005