Average Slippage of stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ChrisMMM, Jul 10, 2007.

1. I posted this awhile ago and was just wondering on the accuracy of the statement:

"
    The answer depends on the share size of your market order. For small share sizes (100-500 shares) your average slippage will be small.

For example, I trade Nasdaq and NYSE stocks with average daily volumes that typically exceed 500k shares per day. Over the last 20,000+ market orders, my average Nasdaq slippage is about 0.2 cents per share (with average share price of $29 per share => avg percent slippage = 0.0069%), and my average NYSE slippage is roughly 0.5 cents per share (with avg share price of $65 per share => avg percent slippage of 0.0077%) .

To summarize, the slippage is not much, unless you are dealing with large orders relative to the liquidity of the stocks you trade.
    "

comments? accurate?

2. Would that mean that the numbers are doubled for a round trip or is that one way? In other words is that 1 full cent round trip on 200 nyse for example? Im not sure if its as easy a figure to measure as it sounds. It could depend on the broker and the type of order used...

3. that would be per side