Average % return for profitable traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Daal

Daal

if you a sucker dont post here
    whats the average expectancy of swing systems and day systems?
    whats the average account % return for swing and day traders these days?

D

2. Swipe

Swipe

:confused:

3. 50-60-70, rarely anything above 80%
    And it can be below 50% but you gotta get much higher profitable trades as compared to losing trades.

4. MRWSM

MRWSM

Annual Percent? 50% is awesome, 100% is a goal. Don't believe claims of making 500% consistently. Anyone who would make 500% each year would quickly replace Bill Gates.

5. Just started on a new "system", shooting for 10% a week, intraday trades only, avg 1 or 2 trades a day. Sounds like alot, but works out to just about 7-8 NQ points per contract a week at about 70% max intraday leverage.

Don't bother with "avg" returns, imo systems either have a true edge and are consistently (and geometrically) profitable, or are just bs/barely treading water after commissions.

6. I do not have a clue. But when sometime ago in a bookshop, I scanned a book about swing trading. It seems to say a day/intraday trader would have much higher return on capital employed.

I think it's logical because a day trader has to many more correct and profitable decisions than a swing trader.

7. sounds like it: 10% on $1000 after year one is greater than $140,000. fuck. i'll keep quiet.

8. yeah man, i like this
    5% per month = >75% annual

9. Illiquid is right.

Let's say you start with $3,000. Enough to be able to hold 1 NQ contract overnight if you have to. If you make 3 points profit per day, that's 15 points per week = $300. That's 10%.

When you reach $5,000, if you increase to 2 contracts per trade, or increase to 5 points per day, you'll be on your way to 1,000% per year. If you increase to 2 contracts and 5 points per day . . .

[​IMG]

10. Thats right!!!

Forget about drawdowns and volatility!!!

...hmmmm, the second you find THE system then, you might as well max all leverage out. And then compounded, whew, see you in Forbes Richest!!!

#10     Apr 27, 2003