average profit goal for high volume traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by countrydog2, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Agree 100% ! If you are a high volume trader and you averaging 1 to 2 cents per share you are kicking ass! The assumption here of course is that you can take the 1-2 cents per share and leverage it across millions of shares per month. It doesn't seem like much but (1-2 cents / share) but I would say if you can consistently average this it puts you in an elite class. Do the math.

Anyone who does that kind of an average and is looking for a place to trade please feel free to PM me. :D

AM

#11     Jan 18, 2006
  2. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Having a precise goal on cents per share is never a good idea either (as the originator of the thread asks).

You'll either try to hold on to a loser, trying to make your cents/share number......or you'll cut loose a real winner too soon, after you've reached your cents/share target.

You'll only get what the market is willing to give you with the position you decided to put on (right or wrong).

You must know what the market will allow in either direction. Let the winners run & cut the losses short--nothing new.

#12     Jan 18, 2006
  3. That's huge. Overnights?

#13     Jan 18, 2006
  4. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

You're right on the money.

Those are largely risk arbitrage numbers, and hence the low percentage of winners.

My market making numbers are about .037-.039 currently net of everything, but are 79-81% winners. Discretionary/day trades are about the same.

#14     Jan 19, 2006