Average points being pulled from ES NQ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dominic, Dec 28, 2003.

1. YYNOTT

YYNOTT

You wouldnt believe my strategy, some days I break even. I have been able to scalp quicker with the Xtrader software, I was unable to do this before.

This software is WICKED. I will do 20-30 Roundtrips no problem. Cut losses like an ugly girlfriend.

#21     Jan 18, 2004

2. ElectricSavant,

If you are making almost $2,000 a week trading only 1 contract in only 3 different markets (2 of them being mini contracts), why are you not devoting your time fully to either trading for yourself or managing a fund? By now, you must be up to several contracts per market.

Unless you are a successful tort lawyer, your time is being misspent in law. Surely the practice of law itself is not the draw. I have crossed paths with several lawyers when I worked in banking as well as in 2 personal lawsuits I had launched several years ago. I don't remember any of them appearing particularly happy or content. (In fact, forgive me, but I found almost all of them to be morally bankrupt opportunists who wrapped themselves in a warm blanket of self-righteousness. But that's just my opinion.)

I think that relatively few lawyers are actually making our world a better place to live in. Perhaps I am being too cynical, but it seems that the law's main draw is money and recognition. Based on the the performance numbers you cited, you could have much more of both if you devoted your time fully to trading. Besides, aren't law firms known to work their partners as well as their associates? Where do you find the time to both trade and post 1,500 messages a year here? With the exception of lower-paid corporate in-house counsel, lawyers are not know for having lives.

#22     Jan 20, 2004