Average Pips move profit per day in FX Markets

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Nana Trader, Jan 4, 2005.

1. cvds16

cvds16

At last someone with a brain in this thread ...
    If you see some of these posters have over a thousand posts it says a lot about what ET has become ...

#41     Mar 19, 2005
  2. #42     Mar 19, 2005
  3. #43     Mar 19, 2005
  4. Probably due to profits/ losses of a day are determined by the number of points movements and lot/ contract size, an average range in terms of points would determine the potential range/ average/ maximum of profits/ losses for the day.
    :confused:

#44     Mar 19, 2005
  5. Could you be saying that Range is used as a benchmark by some scalpers to determing their performance....2 x range....etc....

#45     Mar 19, 2005
  6. Afetr learning and studying this interesting issue (at least to me), I haven't got all clear/ firm answers yet, except more questions (that I might never know the answers).

However, I think some variables would greatly impact the issue, such as price level (a daily range 100 pips at price 1.5000 is 0.7%, but 100 pips at price 1.0000 is 1%).

Within the context of this thread, I believe the 300 pips per month (at current price level) as mentioned by others would be already a very good result indeed (particularly after compounding), if achieved consitently (with reasonably small DD).

I would guess, for anything over a threshold say 300 pips per month (or else), there could be an effect (such as DD, win-rate, costs, etc.) of diminishing returns (regardless style/ method/ system?) applicable. (Probably only the almighty marketmakers would understand how to do it so efficiently. LOL)

:confused:

#46     Mar 19, 2005
  7. Not bad for a novice...

#47     Mar 19, 2005
  8. Thanks.

The results from gurus like you and others (on oanda site) that have achieved or/ and targeted a 1% daily return on equity would be completely amazing to me. :confused:

#48     Mar 19, 2005
  9. To be a guru, doesn't one need a following?

#49     Mar 19, 2005

10. Thanks for the above input from them (and many others as well), I've been following these advices. They are my gurus on ET. :)

#50     Mar 19, 2005