Average of 5 pt a day trading ES realistic?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nicbizz, May 31, 2010.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

See OP? It is possible! Someone with 1 post under his belt says so with no proof posted, only his word.

But why would we doubt him? I think you are credible before proven a liar. :)

#51     Jun 6, 2010
  2. Those who say it is possible have either:

1.) been trading a very short time and started strong
    2.) been trading for some time, recently had a hot run, and think it is sustainable (it is not)
    3.) are bald faced liars

Regardless it does not matter and is a fairly pointless concern. You can get very rich with an average profit per day of 1 point. Please understand I mean average, not literally making 1 point a day.

#52     Jun 6, 2010
  3. if you can do that, then you can do it 5pt a hour, further, 5pt half hour, to extreme, 5minutes 5bar gain, is that possible?
    yes, possible, but do you the odd? you do not know. to be honest, the truth is the odd is very low, maybe around 10%. because only 10%under people are able to make consistent money. so the chance to you is:

you can not make 5pts a day, sorry

#53     Jun 6, 2010
  4. jmonday

jmonday

it is very possible, just not probable.
    more people would be able to do it but lack the psychological aspect that it takes. this is usually the difference between profitability or not. alot of people might have a tangent edge in the market, but simply cannot execute it consistently over time due to poor psych and breaking discipline.

#54     Jun 7, 2010
  5. the better question is...how long will one try to get 5 ES points per day...meaning, sure if you literally sit at the computer for all 6.5 hours during RTH and not to mention ALL the hours the ES is trading then sure...easy to make 5 ES points...

do you not agree that, at the least, if one sits at the computer for 6.5 hours, they can get at least 5 ES points...

#55     Jun 8, 2010
  6. Can a moderator ban increasenow?? :) He is just messing with us and its annoying to read.

#56     Jun 8, 2010
  7. GTS

GTS

So how many times have you done it (with real money, not a sim)?

#57     Jun 9, 2010
  8. I've not...but then again, I do not sit at a computer trading 6.5 hours either...

#58     Jun 9, 2010
  9. GTS

GTS

Funny that you assert that its easy to do but then admit you've never actually tried it yourself. Give it a shot and then get back to us, k?

#59     Jun 9, 2010
  10. Bleesed relief akin to an enema. I put him on ignore. As a ignore-amus.

#60     Jun 9, 2010