Average of 5 pt a day trading ES realistic?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nicbizz, May 31, 2010.

1. awful lot of huge moves, you'd think some of these gurus would be able to call at least one of them in public.

so easy to make 5 points, but seems impossible to call a trade for even 2 points live.

i think i know why. if you get two or three wrong, then your 'patina' is tarnished.

better to talk of trades in retrospect and claim greatness.

#41     Jun 2, 2010
  2. this from a guy(gal?) who hase never made one real-time trade call or posted one performance blotter in his(her) life?

three things I do know for sure:

#1: one of us has often spent plenty of time in here trying to offer useful, educational stuff. one has never posted anything but rubbish in his(her) life

#2: one of us had to open a new thread asking random strangers on an anonymous message board why the market sold off last Friday.

#3: one of us has repeatedly complained to the mods that out threads don't get four stars on our forehead rating often enough to suit us. As if that's a real big boost in life.

one of us is wasting our time here in this forum, and one of us will continue to litter its space with worthless drivel for years to come.

now guess which one is which for all the above? easy answer, you should earn the kindergarten star you crave for that one :p

#42     Jun 2, 2010
  3. lol, funny stuff.

No need to deal with anything but #3.

You totally misrepresent that, not a good sign.

My complaint was only that there was someone that I probably unmasked as a fraud, deliberately rating threads ONE star, regardless of content.

A far cry from your claim. Not surprised though.

[​IMG]
    or profits.

#43     Jun 2, 2010
  4. schizo

schizo

Not that I want to enter into this nonsense, but you obviously haven't looked closely enough. i guess that's understandable considering that smartass gurus like yourself are only full of talk. Go look at the ES Journal thread, ya moron!

#44     Jun 2, 2010
  5. I said gurus , not unemployed walmart greeters posting paper trades.

now go away.

[​IMG]
    Shorting 10 cars , no stop on the break of the WizzieWonder trend line and Slowcastic cross.

#45     Jun 2, 2010
  6. They say there's no fool like an old fool. I'd say that's right. Way too many times now I've read stuff in this forum, shook my head and wondered how the hell any such wives tales and pure disinformation can exist & spread. Then I get the idea that there's something I might be able to do about that.

So I take time out to compose what I hope to be structured, rational, mature, professional conversations. I share thoughts from years of experience, take time to proof-read and edit, make sure I'm getting the right message across and hope it helps.

Then someone or another comes along and pisses on the post with one-line, frat-house crap or rudely dismisses what I have to offer just because this is ET and they are what they are. Which ain't very much.

I'm admittedly old(er) and foolish. But not stupid. I'll leave this forum to what it is for those who care: Entertaining Traders. It's a world-class business model that works purely because of threads and posts just like these. Which is fine, but not why I came here in the first place.

As you were, gentlemen :cool:

#46     Jun 2, 2010
  7. schizo

schizo

austin, it's beyond me why you even put up with this 777 jester. The guy never posted one single trade and, even worse, he remained bullish throughout the entire 2007-2009 bear market. Your time would be better served if you simply take your business elsewhere.

#47     Jun 2, 2010
  8. You have proof of this of course. You wouldn't just make up something out of whole cloth, now would ya?

#48     Jun 2, 2010
  9. YES IT IS!

I'm a full time ES trader. My daily profit ranges from 10-20 bps (sometimes even 30, although rarely) with 1 to 3 round trips.

Regardless to what intraday strategy you use I can suggest one thing: CONSIDER ALL TIME FRAMES. As a daytrader I constantly monitor the 1, 5, 15, 30 and 90 minute charts.

By doing so, you can eliminate whipsaws that my occur from your conventional method.

I'm always open to suggestions.

Good Luck!

#49     Jun 3, 2010
  10. jmonday

jmonday

yes it is very possible, but not very common.
    while i do not trade the ES, but rather the nq, i do know someone who trades the ES and makes, on average, much more than 5 pts/day.
    He does not post here anymore but stays active in other ways in the trading community.

#50     Jun 5, 2010