Average monthly fees/charges

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by syswizard, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Can someone give me an idea of what monthly deductions they are experiencing for about a 500k share per month trading volume ? This would include commissions, VPN/Platform fees, ECN fees, other software/communication fees (outside of DSL/Cable cost). Also exclude any "bench" fees.
    A rough total is all I am looking for right now....if you are doing 1 million or more, I'd like to get a handle on that level as well.

2. depends on your broker and what commissions he charges, but expect around 2500 MINIMUM to 3500 dollars average a month on that volume. But if you have one of those brokers that charges high commissions, like a penny a share then you are looking upward of around 6k a month give or take a few hundred. I know that sounds like alot, but if you make an average gross profit of 3 cents per trade, thats 15k per month gross...more than enough to cover those costs.

3. Thanks...and you bring up another good point: is 3 cents / share a good, average, or poor profit figure ? At one cent, a trader is only marginally net profitable after all of these fees !

I know I heard someone on this forum mention 1-2 cents a while back. I take it this is for proven professionals with a good track record.