Average Joe starting to talk about economy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dividend, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that hedge funds have so much cash to handle people asking for money back, not to put into the market.

#11     Sep 16, 2008
  2. Go on Youtube and watch those channels with thousands of subscribers with some hick talking about the "economy" and what "predictions" he has. They seem to be the exact same people who are bullish during a bull market.

#12     Sep 16, 2008
  3. I came close yesterday to buying calls at the end on some of the indexes.

It was "End of the world talk" sunday night. Now, maybe this time it is the end of the world, and you get wiped out.

But in my trading notes from March when Bear got bought out, it was end of the world talk, the market will never go up again. Market rallied a 1,000 points in a few months after that.

When your gut is telling you to not even look at the options or consider it, you're getting close. Although what stopped me is, the shocks are getting bigger, i.e. aig.

Just keep your cash waiting, there will be tradable rallies. And fight that voice in your head "it's different this time". Then you know you're getting to a bottom.

#13     Sep 17, 2008
  4. xlf +12%
    entire sector up 8%
    entire market up 5%

how many more hedgefunds were taken out today... this time on the short side.

m0m0
    fnm +74% fre +50% aig +50% gs +23%

#14     Sep 19, 2008
  5. This time it went up 1000 points in 24 hours. Dow low yesterday 10459 now trading at 11420, back into our little range of 11300-11800, oh wheeee

#15     Sep 19, 2008
  6. still waiting for cramer to do his thing

he needs to have veins popping out from his temples when he screams sell for this signal to work... otherwise maybe only a 50-100% pop.

#16     Sep 29, 2008