Average Joe runs a Hedge Fund !

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chessman, Feb 25, 2004.

1. 1)I do not run a hedge fund. Im just a CTA who enjoys trading and at the same time, I trade for a SELECT few other people.
    2)The most important thing about trading is that I enjoy it and that Im profitable and that im honest.
    3)whats not important is whats in my tupperware containers.
    4)i love that sweater. its not a sweatshirt and its not my basement.
    5)don't you guys have anything better to do with your time.

#31     Feb 25, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, this guy is the real deal. I don't know what his trading abilities are but he was sent to prison because he was on the FBI's most wanted list as one of the top 3 hackers in the world. He is sitting inside a German prison right now, but he is the real deal. This guy made some fat cash, but not from trading, from hacking. He is a legend in the hacking world. Has quite a following. I think he worked out some kind of deal for early release if my memory serves me right.

#32     Feb 25, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

4. Diode

Diode

As both ramora and Pat Rogers (progers82) himself pointed out above, he's not running a hedge fund. He's a CTA (Commodities Trading Advisor). You open an account with his futures broker, give him trading privileges, he trades your account and charges you a performance fee. Standard arrangement as per CFTC regulations. He only trades futures so the SEC doesn't have any say in it.

#34     Feb 26, 2004
  5. Diode

Diode

Pat,

What were your reasons for choosing to operate as a CTA rather than a CPO?

#35     Feb 26, 2004
  6. Pat, you use Fasttrade and the platform fee is passed on to clients. What would be the advantages of Fasttrade vs IB? Trading mechanically, wouldn't IB API be as good or better than TT or J trader ?

#36     Feb 26, 2004
  7. I choose a CTA vs a CPO because it seemed to me to be less accounting and red tape. and most of my customers are small little investors like me and want their own trading activity statement every night. They didn't want to be part of a larger fund. The customers felt more secure.
    I use FFastTrade because I really like the trading platform, the rates are great but mainly I like the people at FFastTrade. Jim Oliff and John Hannigan are a few who are very professional. I think I get better rates at FFastTrade. ($550 per month plus $3.32 per r/t) but I haven't looked at IB for a while and I should take a look. A year ago, I just didn't like their trading platform. And since I only trade the s&p emini, I don't need alot of bells and whistles like TT. I like FFastTrade platform much better than JTrader.

#37     Feb 26, 2004
  8. funky

funky

CONFLICTS OF INTEREST:
    As stated below, the Advisor will trade for his own accounts. The Advisor will, in accordance with and pursuant to NFA and CFTC rules and regulations and good ethical practice, place both the proprietary and customer accounts from one block account in a bunched order. Both filled and split filled orders will be allocated on a lowest to low format. For example, the lowest account number will get the lowest fill and the highest account number will get the highest fill. Other than the statement above, the Advisor has no arrangements with any other entity or individual that would cause a potential conflict of interest.
    =================

does this mean that he is biasing the earlier (his and his family?) participants with better results? tricky way of stating that if that is what he is saying! anywhoo, i wish you great luck on your road to success :)

#38     Feb 26, 2004
  9. This is a standard and fair way of allocating fills. Low account numbers get the best buys and worst sells. High account numbers get the worst buys and best sells.

jj

#39     Feb 26, 2004
  10. Kap

Kap

pat, is $550 for FFast trade platform?.. which you perfer to JTrader ?

tia

best, Kap

#40     Feb 26, 2004