Average Gain per trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by c_verm, Oct 17, 2003.

1. $3.90 R/T now per contract...working on (negotiating for) lower at this time. I would check out FFastTrade or Velocity for some better low rate comparisons. For the trader who does 4000 lots/month or higher, then $3.90 R/T is too high IMO. I just hate having to change brokers three times a year to hunt down a better rate. My volume has gone way up over the last 4 to 5 months and I envision it increasing throughout this year into next year. So I have no choice but to shop around for a better deal. There are some retail rates out in the $2.52 R/T per contract (with no platform fee...XTrader) for real big volume (50,000+ month). Hope this helps!

Chris

#51     Oct 22, 2003
  2. Please check PM..

Don

#52     Oct 22, 2003
  3. OK, I'll be the "bad guy" this time...

(Assuming that you're not just making a joke here).....

15% of what? + 15 dollars on a $100 stock? 15% ROI based on $100 capital?

And is this all in one hour, or one day... or is it some year after year, buy and hold strategy.

And, then (still playing bad guy), will you be confident enough to trade 10,000 shares at a time with your own money.

(now back to my normal, nice guy self).

We try to distinguish between traders and investors....both here at Bright Trading, and in our College courses. "Passive investment" income, based on significant funds, is one thing.....15% would be "ok"....

But active trading, based on the "tool" of $25,000, you certainly need at least 10% per week ($120K per year, for living expenses)...to be considered profitable.

So, "good job" ...now let us know in what context you are speaking...

Thanks...

Don

#53     Oct 22, 2003
  4. Daryn

Daryn

Dear Mr. Market,

Surely you must have more than 36 consecutive winners by now...it seems that you have been stuck there for quite some time! Do you have any pictures of your meats or cheeses?

Cheers!

#54     Oct 22, 2003
  5. please remove me from this thread

#55     Oct 22, 2003
  6. I have yet to see s thread on ET where it was necessary to make another poster look stupid. Have you?

#56     Oct 22, 2003
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Do you have a point?

#57     Oct 22, 2003
  8. c_verm

c_verm

What is everyone average amount of shares that you purchase for day trading?

#58     Oct 23, 2003
  9. Daryn

Daryn

I don't purchase shares anymore but I am loading up on a meats and cheeses spread

#59     Oct 23, 2003
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

...The same numbers that we consider the benchmark for successful trading ....

#60     Oct 23, 2003