Average Gain per trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by c_verm, Oct 17, 2003.

1. You are more then welcome to collect cans........ I rather sit behind my PC and make 5-10 cents all day long.

regards,

#21     Oct 19, 2003
  2. I would be interested in learning more about your credit. Is that the ecn rebate?

#22     Oct 19, 2003
  3. Mvic

Mvic

thread and even if my posted was deleted? If it was deleted though I would suggest that the moderator search their sense of humor for the on switch :D

#23     Oct 19, 2003
  4. All the deleted posts were humorous, but they all were off topic and accounted for nearly 50% of the thread.

#24     Oct 19, 2003
  5. Ebo

Ebo

IN and LONG:

For every silly post I make..... I post at least two intelligent and informative posts. If you keep up this Communist deletion of my posts I will be forced to PM my responses.
    I am getting sick of this childish deletion of my posts.
    I know of over 100 other members that are fed up with your censorship as well.

EBO

#25     Oct 19, 2003
  6. Can I get you a bowl of rice and a fortune cookie?

#26     Oct 19, 2003
  7. Serious traders need to trade at least 2,000-5,000 shares per trade, and then can do well with a few pennies (this size allows for better net costs). 5,000 shares x 10 cents equals $100,000 per year. So, making a couple of nickels (net) per day can certainly get you going in the right direction.

The days of sitting around "prayer trading" ...staring at the screen "praying" that the stock will move a dollar or so, are long gone. While some traders who live in the past "glory days" of the Naz bubble, others are adapting to the market in such a way that the risk is actually lower trading larger size on the big board.

Don't want to sound like the proverbial "broken record" ...but we (collectively) as traders, really need to understand the basics of risk reward, volatility (both market and individual stocks), and trade accordingly.

If you can't net money by buying at 10 cents and selling at 12 cents, then you need to rethink your costs and your approach to the market.

If you simply cannot make 2 cents on a trade, then you might just need to rethink trading altogether.

Remember, there are only a few who are capable of trading for a living (the "Successful Minority).

Sometimes we all need to take a "Reality Check"....

Don

#27     Oct 19, 2003
  8. Just to be clear, I don't vote in polls on the board (just trying to keep some objectivity).

Don

#28     Oct 19, 2003
  9. How can you make 7 trades a day with a $5 K capital and the PDT rules? You know about the PDT rule, don't you? Maybe you mean that you trade in 5K chunks? But even then, if you had a sufficiently funded day-trading account you could trade $30+ stocks in 1000-1500 shares sizes (and that's very conservative) and it does not jibes with the rest of your statement to the effect that you can "only afford" to trade sub-$5 stocks in 1000-1500 shares size.

Unless you have a cash account that your broker lets you daytrade (or a prop account, but where is your leverage?), what gives?

Not criticizing, just trying to get some clarifications...

Elvis

#29     Oct 19, 2003
  10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

it really amazes me how many "rookies" (trading under a year) are making 700 to 1000 dollars a day scalping equties that move maby 5 cents a day as a norm, maby 25 if you get a move (outside earnings).

In fact the rookies of this current market blow away the rookies of the "MONKEY MARKET of 99 on timing and % of wins.

I mean, to pull 3 to 5 cents out of every trade, out of everymove in low volume penny stocks or even stocks of 30 is great.

And to think, they said that daytrading was dead...who woulda thunk that.

:D

#30     Oct 19, 2003