Average Gain per trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by c_verm, Oct 17, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

What is everyones average gain per trade? When trading Nasdaq Stocks?

And what is the amount of shares usually traded?

I trade 1000 - 1500 shares and average gain is 3-5 cents per trade.

2. Ebo

Ebo

.03- .05 per trade gain?
    I would not be telling people this.
    How much is that after commission and SEC Fee?
    .01 Gain? Have you considered collecting cans?
    Its less risky and pays .05/can.
    You can probably collect 100 or more cans a day.

3. c_verm

c_verm

".03- .05 per trade gain?
    I would not be telling people this.
    How much is that after commission and SEC Fee?
    .01 Gain? Have you considered collecting cans?
    Its less risky and pays .05/can.
    You can probably collect 100 or more cans a day."

EBO
    Just to set the record straight I am a part time daytrader and have only been day trading for 2 months. After commissions & SEC fees I have an average of 2-5 Cent GAIN on every trade, That is $20 - $75 each trade and I make an average of 7 trades a day. That is very good trading if you ask me for a new part time trader.

I done see you making any money? This site is for traders to help and share information not to try to make each other look stupid.

4. I once had a system that scalped pennies and I made on average 100 trades a day or more. I was very happy with the money that I was making.
    regards

5. c_verm

c_verm

Thanks for your positive input!

Ya making a a couple of pennies per play is great if you can do it enought times. I only trade stocks under $5 so I can afford to buy 1000 - 1500 shares. I must say I never thought that I could make $500 per day with $5000. The more I trade the more I love it!!

6. KavMan

KavMan

Don't get too excited first starting out
    You most likely won't make it with only $5000
    In this year's market rally, it's not worth it scalping for pennies
    I have a daytrading account and a swing account
    I am pretty pissed about my swing account because I am not holding positions long enough and still have that daytrading mentality
    Even though I am averaging about $650 out of 35+ swing trades
    I could've made probably double the profits by just making 3-4 trades and holding the stock longer
    100% win rate though :D

Ah well that's what you get for still having a daytrading mentality and being too scared to hold on to positions for too long

7. EricP

EricP

For my scalping trading, I would be thrilled to average 3-5 cents per share. My average is slightly less than that, but I do a large number of trades per day (300-1500, automated). There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking small gains. The only thing that matters is the direction of your equity curve over the long run.

Best of luck,
    -EricP

8. C VERN

Do you daytrade stocks making 52 week highs under $5.00 that trade over 1 million shares a day or do you go through a list of candidates to decide which ones to trade.
    regards

9. I have wanted to start a thread like this myself...

When taking losses in to account, I average about .025 per share before fees and commissions.

10. I guess if we are talking just "gains" then your right, if your losers average the same you are in trouble. But if you average just .03 per TRADE, then your comment is fairly short sided. Do the math, for scalpers that take on little risk and flip volume for .03 a trade on average

300,000 /day x .03 divided by 2 (rt)= 4,500/day gross with that volume you are going to net at least 2,300/day

#10     Oct 17, 2003