Average daily profit with $50K account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fcg007, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Catalite

Catalite

I day trade and swing trade.

#41     Feb 22, 2010
  2. When someone says $300-$400 is no big deal on a $50K account, then you should be requesting proof also.

#42     Feb 22, 2010
  3. Sure, it's possible.

You can make $300-400 a day trading one futures contract in an account with $10 or $20k. I mean actual trading, not SCT fake trading 3x-daily-range-profit jack hershey "trading".

I don't understand how people can screw up the math so badly.

The problem is coming up with a system that works well.

It's not like you NEED $50k in order to make $400 per day.

The only way I could see it being the case that you NEED $50k in order to make that much money is if you're averaging down and you NEED $50k in drawdown in order to average out to your $400 per day.

But if you subscribe to the idea that you can make $300-400 a day trading one contract (no scaling, no averaging down), then all you really need is $5 or $10k to cover the margin and you're fine.

But nobody wants to admit that's possible. They need $200k in their account to make $400 per day because they use weird ass scaling methods that require huge margins.

Finally, it's not about PERCENTAGE. It drives me nuts when people mention this.

Assume two traders: one has a $10k account, one has a $50k account. They each trade 1 contract. They each make $300 a day for a week. They each made $1,500. They each did exactly the same performance. % is irrelevant.

#43     Feb 22, 2010
  4. You are often critical of those posting about trading on here. What is your trading experience and what are your returns? Not busting you balls just want to know if you're speaking from experience as a successful trader or not.

#44     Feb 22, 2010
  5. l2tradr

l2tradr

Oh, that's Ross Canfield, used to post here under rcanfiel. He tried to sell a trading system here on ET for 250K a while back, then changed his username. He was also on C2 site trying to do the same.

#45     Feb 22, 2010
  6. Nexen

Nexen

If that's so you got a whole lot of cash gathering dust every single day.

Brilliant :D

#46     Feb 22, 2010
    #47     Feb 22, 2010

8. Exactly. it is refreshing to see the truth spoken on these anonymous message boards.

While some have done better over time, they are exceedingly rare, so much so, that they don't exist over any 10 or even maybe 5 year period.

speaking on the retail level, without inside edge or data,,,OR unlimited OPM small size trading plungers--rich wife etc

best,

TINS

#48     Feb 22, 2010
  9. honest question...am I the only one that really and truly thinks this is a totally crazy question to be asking with a $50k account? I can see this kind of question with a $2k account but $50k?

#49     Feb 22, 2010
  10. Totally crazy question even for a CW mentality.

#50     Feb 22, 2010