Average daily profit with $50K account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fcg007, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Ridiculous!

You mean like 99.9% of hedge fund managers? They need to get new careers?

I don;t get it,

#21     Feb 21, 2010

2. Wow, we have the BEST trader who has ever lived among us.

Tats a fact jack, if yuo can document these claims.

:D

#22     Feb 21, 2010
  3. I have no quarrel with that explanation...provided you do earn $277.25 net per ES mini EVERY day....:cool:

And you current performance is?

#23     Feb 21, 2010
  4. dalen

dalen

Well I'm still beat by traders like lescor. I don't know if you've read his thread or not but he took a 110k and turned it into 170K in month. Do the math. It's called leverage. Whats so hard to understand? And sorry I shouldn't say they need to find a new career, because any profits is profit which is good. But you seem to miss the point I'm trying to get across.

#24     Feb 21, 2010
  5. This kind of mirrors my results, I get about 10% per 20k thrown inside the market per year. I can't push this much higher for very long because the edges just disappear. I get about 2-5 cents per share traded in profit day trading.

#25     Feb 21, 2010
  6. marvelous. Please post your broker statements for the last 3 years...

#26     Feb 21, 2010
  7. It's apparent most of the posters on this thread are blathering fools with zero trading experience.

If you don't have a proven tested system, I can guarantee your return will be -100%

Without a proven system, you could start with a $billion and you will still end up with a -100% return 100% of the time.

#27     Feb 21, 2010
  8. Quote from dalen:
    Well I'm still beat by traders like lescor. I don't know if you've read his thread or not but he took a 110k and turned it into 170K in month.

1 month? When does that qualify as averaging $300-$400 a day? Note: Average. That basically means, permanently. Not a month.

And where is his documented results? Anonymous claims do not have any value. Did you verify his results in person, stopping over at his house and looking over his brokerage statements?

Do the math. It's called leverage.

Do the math, it is called "Risk." Your paper trading results don't have much value, because at the leverage you are talking, you will find out you cannot just continue rebooting real money accounts like your paper trading results. Real money accounts do something called blowing out, time and time again.

That is why less than 1% of traders will make a longterm, lucrative living at it. They gave up on your "Paper trading for Newbies" books and learned how to trade. "Risk-Adjusted Reward." Look it up.

#28     Feb 21, 2010
  9. the man's got a hard on to look at other guys, ahem...statements. Kinda obsessed with it. Can't get enough of other guys...statements.

Even has to shout about it. Must have broker envy.

:D

#29     Feb 22, 2010
  10. JeffUSA

JeffUSA

It really all depends on your system but typically you should always set your goals a little higher than what you can currently do consistently. This way your goals keep you improving.

If you can make $200 a day I would say that you are doing good. That would be enough to live off of to make it a fulltime job. If you are not on that level or can't reach that level, you may want to consider dropping down to swing trading as the day trading may not be worth that much of your time at this point.

#30     Feb 22, 2010