Average American family "can't pay their bills"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by turkeyneck, Mar 21, 2008.

1. p.s you can't eat ipods, 21" chrome SUV rims, or Abercrombie or Hollister. Stop being a slave to the marketing machine and save and eat. Try it!

#51     Mar 21, 2008
  2. best post. a civil insurrection is required to overthrow a barbaric regime at home.

#52     Mar 21, 2008
  3. WSJ and CNN are just propoganda to brainwash the sheeple. Watching CNN will just make them feel scared and feel supportive of Uncle Sam's crusades to "protect them from terrorists."

#53     Mar 21, 2008
  4. Compassion and Empathy. Get some!

R U FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Hey numb nuts, why don't you head over to those "Communist" Countries that will give you all the compassion and Empathy you can take. Hell, they even have "THE PEOPLES COMMITTEE" of this and that to help those "poor souls" who can't fend for themselves.I mean the "COMMISSION FOR PUBLIC WEALTH" will be happy to give you a ck each month, an apartment and some food. I mean, why would any one want to kick someone when they are down?

Good G-d, I mean lets burn those who take risk and become something. Lets kill all those who have Personable Responsibility Skills. But let us champion those who are fucking idiots, retards and give them COMPASSION!

You pathitc, simple-minded virus, yes you, you fucking bleeding heart liberal. People like you destroy Capitalism, Free Markets and Fucking Democracy.

#54     Mar 21, 2008

5. Exactly! What's with this Bear Stearns bailout crap?? Get the f-up executives who drank all that Kool-Aid to cough up those past bonuses or go to jail!!

#55     Mar 21, 2008
  6. toc

toc

Time to stop buying brand new or even very new cars, time to make own coffee each morning instead of drive through specialities, time to take sack lunches from home and not hit fast food during the lunch hours.

Time to borrow a DVD and bake a frozen pizza over a movie instead of going to theathre and eating out.

Time to be CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#56     Mar 21, 2008
  7. to do well in this country, you have to be either piss poor with like 5 children, those people dont work or pay for anything, government will happily sends you the check. Or very rich, then you will get richer.

The middle to upper middle class are the ones that will ALWAYS get fucked with high tax, hard work, stress job etc... while trying to deal with layoffs and all that good stuff trying to keep a good credit rating.

#57     Mar 21, 2008
  8. The arrogance, elitism and simple ability to see shades of grey here is amazing.

Yes...a vast number of people are living beyond their means...they are not saving..they are paying more attention to Britney than their finances...all true.

But there are also plenty of folks that simply got handed a really bad set of cards. it DOES happen regardless of the chip-on-the-shoulder posters who feel everyone in a bad situation made it themselves.

My brother is 37 with a wife and three kids. Been an exec at a large corp for 9 years. Very responsible and doesnt overspend...has a savings.

Recently was told the company is laying off a lot of management and it is likely he will be let go in the next 90 days. So he's looking for a job now.

If he finds one before they lay him off, great. If not he gets a 6 month severance. If he doesnt find one in 6 months he has ~$50k in savings that will buy them another 7 or 8 months...but after that the debt would pile up so quickly it could be impossible to climb out without filing bankruptcy.

He can work 24/7 flipping burgers but that wont put a dent in his monthly living expenses. And lets face it...its not like you can sell your house in this market to help things out.

Fact is..bad things DO happen to good people.

get off your high horse you moron (you know who Im talking about) as one day it could be you.

Final note..I also grew up on very poor living in a trailer park. My family didnt have a car. My dad had two jobs and he took the bus... Im now fairly well off so I know all about climbing out of the gutter.

#58     Mar 21, 2008
  9. Yeah you're right, there was this one girl I worked with once that worked like 15 hrs a week and had three kids....she got some grant for like $40k to put down on her house just because she was a single mom. She had three kids by three guys and they all of course paid child support -cha ching-

Factor in the fact the grandparents watched the kids all the time, and the tax credits, etc and you have yourself one easy-living situation.

Courtesy of you and I.

#59     Mar 21, 2008
  10. I rent apartments and houses to poor people: trust me, they don't get much assistance. Reaver, your example is pure hogwash.

#60     Mar 21, 2008