Average American family "can't pay their bills"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by turkeyneck, Mar 21, 2008.

1. I'm a pretty compassionate guy, and I did read the people's stories.

All I can tell you is if I was out of a job and going through tough times, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to CNN with my story. I WOULD BE WORKING DOING WHATEVER I COULD TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY.

#21     Mar 21, 2008
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

These folks need a lesson in Led Zeppelin - "It's Nuh nuh noh no-body's fault but mine."

#22     Mar 21, 2008
  3. Im not american, but here in the UK, the average family must really be struggling.

The typical household take home pay is 2000GBP (4000USD) per month after taxes.

The typical mortgage or rent for a family is 700GBP. Grocery Bills, 400GBP, Utility Bills (including property taxes) 400GBP.

Thats 1500 GBP. And i havent even talked about clothing costs, running an old car, household maintenance, replacing applicances etc.

People are spending more than they earn just to cover everyday living expenses.

Buying luxury goods and services above that only makes things worse. But even if they cut out luxuries they still wouldnt be able to make ends meet.

#23     Mar 21, 2008
  4. VINNY your exactly right on!! nice post ...I dont think they can dumb down the US sheeple much more than they already are . There mentality is lets go buy another pair of Crox shoes so i feel like a big shot loser , even though i have 6 sets of these plastic garbage shoes at home already , and cap it off with an overpriced fancy drink at some yuppy coffee shop , so i feel really important and cool after all its my birthright cause I'm a hotshot american !!! ...
    I feel sorry for very few of them
    Jake

#24     Mar 21, 2008
  5. I think someone should set up an exchange to trade families.

"Ill take the Brown's at 500." "SOLD." The Brown's are now my servants, all I have to do is feed them rice while they work their ass off for me.

I was driving to subway through a rich neighborhood one day and this tool with a corvette in the drive way was putting up his "foreclosed" sign. Since I had time I stopped and just laughed my ass off at him and said "How does it feel buying the top. hahahahahaha"

I have no pity for those type people.

If America goes belly up I will become so wealthy since I have horded silver for many years.

#25     Mar 21, 2008
  6. le140

le140

One family put two kids in private school.

Really? and they are broke? I would like to put my kid in private school too but I did not because just in case times like these happend. I learned never to live or trade on the edge. After blowing a few accounts, you learned never to do it again. I used to be broke when I was in college, you learned not to buy things on CC.

The concept is very simple.

After all the hard work and savings , I am financially in the best shape of my life and it's looking better everyday. Because I earned it.

But it does not matter because these idiots are in America, 400 million people in India are living on $1 a day. So they should consider themselves very lucky that I have to pay major taxes from my trading account to support them.

#26     Mar 21, 2008
  7. If America goes 'belly-up' you'll need all that silver just to protect yourself. Peasants with pitchforks are very dangerous and our peasants have lots of guns.

Ironic that we can spend 12 BILLION a month destroying Iraq but can't help our own people. For somebody NOT to be able to afford college (an investment) is absurd.

#27     Mar 21, 2008
  8. tgrady

tgrady

How nice for you. I'm sure you feel very proud of yourself. Self-reliant. Superior, perhaps.

With any luck, I hope the markets will give you your chance to do just that.

Of course, we'd all like to hear how that works out for you too.

#28     Mar 21, 2008
  9. Amen. Well "Fucking" said.
    The majority of people are Morons and live way beyond their means. Welcome to reality, bozo's..."This is YOUR life"

No Free Cheese........

#29     Mar 21, 2008
  10. To quote Judge Smails from Caddyshack - "The world needs ditchdiggers too." These people need to get on board.

#30     Mar 21, 2008