Avast + Malware Bytes OR MSE + Malware Bytes

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by CPTrader, Jan 28, 2013.

1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=cb-dl-users

use this one. a good rule of thumb when looking for add ons (well things in general) is to search by "most popular" on the left hand side and you'll see this is the one that is downloaded the most b/c it's the best.

#11     Jan 31, 2013
  2. #12     Jan 31, 2013
  3. used Avira for years, but a new install was getting a false positive from Avira which
    prevented using the program. replaced Avira with Avast, hmmmmmm.

Avast started updating programs - none of its business as far as I'm concerned -
    stopped that. next I couldn't check my emails via MailWasher, Avast was blocking it
    so disabled that part of Avast, next I couldn't get on the internet so diabled that part
    of Avast, and of course disabled all auto downloads and Avast contacting home
    every xx minutes

will I keep Avast ? for the present but will do some research to find what I want - and
    buy a router

#13     Mar 4, 2013
  4. ammo

ammo

#14     Mar 4, 2013
  5. That's because everyone has a computer :)

My two cents too:

the first option, that's what I have been using for a while now. Actually Avast alone is enough for most purposes, but the other thing (Malwarebytes) can do a good job if Avast fails to, so you may indeed need more than Avast at times.

#15     Mar 11, 2013