autotrading software available?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rcanfiel, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Is there just a basic Autotrading piece of software out there, without monthly lease fees? Like the old TradeBolt, but likely simpler? ( I don't want any fancy charting or analysis to create systems).

All I want, is to auto-send signals from places like Collective2, or from signal providers etc. or to my broker, over a Patsystem like arrangement

Never done this, so knowledge is limited.

I do not want $50-$80 monthly fees ad nauseum to "lease" (like TradeBullet or others).

2. if you cant afford the most basic of costs to get involved, why are you even trading?

3. Retief

Retief

Try http://www.trade-commander.org, which is free.

It's made for autotrading with the IB TWS, but it has a built-in email function, so you could use to email signals to whoever you want.

4. So it is best to maximize your costs?

If faced with two things, one for $100 and one for $5000, and both do the same thing, it is better to opt for the more expensive?

Is it better to go with brokers with higher commission costs, all things being equal?

I think your logic is off.

I just want to buy an autotrader to input my signals, with minimal whistles and bells. I don't want to marry someone at a cost of $800 a year ad nauseum.