Autotrading FOREX

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bootize, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Tradebolt just finished connecting Tradestation 8 to HSFXi (institutional) they can hook a client up through an FCM for credit and clearing.

You have options so, take a look.

#31     Jul 19, 2006
  2. ThomasZ.

ThomasZ.

Hello John,

i use amibroker for a couple of years now. I am also searching for a good autotrading solution. Have you tried Tradebolt or hypertrader ?

Thomas

#32     Oct 9, 2006
  3. This is simply not the case. I auto-trade forex (have all year) with very little slippage and no problems at all...

#33     Nov 10, 2006
  4. Ldamiani

Ldamiani

Which platform do you use?

Although I use Metatrader for developing and testing my trading ideas (for at least 3 years, since version 3) I have never used MT for automated trading! But now its time, big and reliable brokers are available directly or through APIs. Is anybody using it for auto-trading? With which broker?

Luis Damiani

#34     Nov 10, 2006
  5. The strategies are written in Tradestation 8.1, and TS does not at this time have auto-trading forex as a brokerage. We use Tradebolt (which has been flawless) to pass the signals to Currenex and Gain. 20 strategies running at a time from 4:00PM CST Sunday to 4:00PM Friday every week. No problems whatsoever. I've heard quite a bit on these forums about how wild forex is b/c of being unregulated, but I've seen no evidence of that this year. We've been nothing but thrilled with all parties involved in our execution...

#35     Nov 11, 2006
  6. bootize

bootize

The day TradeBolt becomes compatible with Amibroker is the day I will be very happy indeed.

#36     Nov 11, 2006
  7. elit

elit

amibroker has an automation plug in to use with interactive brokers

#37     Nov 11, 2006
  8. Ldamiani

Ldamiani

Interesting... but I just have just known (yesterday) that Metatrader is about to launch a new version in which multiple accounts will be managed with the same expert (that's a conditio sine qua non for me). As a former operating systems programmer and havy C user I really prefer the more flexible, but low-level, programming languages as MQL4 (Metatrader).

I trade forex since february of 2003 and I dare to say that the "wild west" description was a bit exagerated, but not false. However, the west is becoming civilized very fast. Some exchanges look much more jurassic to me. The OTC trading is here to stay.

Luis Guilherme Damiani

May the odds be with you !!

#38     Nov 16, 2006
  9. Great news. Do you have a link for more details?

Luis, congrats on your current 1st place in the Championship. 6 weeks down, 6 to go...

#39     Nov 16, 2006
  10. Ldamiani

Ldamiani

Sorry, I think they haven't published any information about this new version yet (Lenar told that to me by MSN).

Thanks, but as you said 6 weeks to go yet, thats a lifetime!

Luis Guilherme Damiani

May the odds be with you !!

#40     Nov 16, 2006