Autotrading for ib

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by clarodina, Sep 11, 2011.

1. cstfx

cstfx

My bad. C#. Got my C's confused.

#11     Sep 14, 2011
  2. sma202

sma202

I played around with tradelink a while ago. They had this feature which records and logs your mouse clicks on the gui which cause performance to be outrageous. Maybe it still exists but seems like a marketing ploy or maybe worse, there's no reason for any app to have that sort of hidden code.

#12     Sep 14, 2011
  3. Besides the above issue, what about these other issues:

1) technical documentation - I didn't see much. I was hoping there was more than the typical open source software where the source code is the only documentation.

2) latency: execution or data feed
    Are these being monitored and more importantly are they being published ?

#13     Sep 14, 2011
  4. tradelink does have anonymous recording, not of mouse clicks but of which buttons are pressed in the apps. this is so we can learn what workflows users follow in the apps and reduce button clicks to make this easier.

this feature can be disabled on install if you don't like it.

additionally tradelink is open source so you can compile this feature out (or see how it works if you have questions about it).

#14     Sep 14, 2011
  5. Mr. Tradelink - can you respond to the questions on the docs and the latency ?

#15     Sep 14, 2011
  6. if you google tradelink speed or tradelink docs or tradelink tutorials you should find what your looking for.

definately if you see something missing and want to contribute, you can join the community via the users list (eg write more documentation akin to your liking or ask more questions).

#16     Sep 14, 2011
  7. I would suggest ActiveQuant.

#17     Sep 15, 2011
  8. Tradelink is an interesting suite of software, but it just doesn't work with IB if you're trading futures. It can't seem to send the futures info to the TWS API correctly. Security not found and no quotes etc... Seems to work OK with stocks though.

This is the current version I'm talking about.

#18     Sep 15, 2011
  9. That confirms it: not ready for prime time.

#19     Sep 15, 2011
  10. we have users trading futures and fx each day with IB.

please report your issue on users list or the issues tab, so someone can assist you. google tradelink project or tradelink.org

#20     Sep 15, 2011