AutoTrading 500+ instruments

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by apfx, Apr 15, 2012.

1. If you can't think through a concise execution strategy, it's not my problem. Some people see it, some don't.

Feel free to complain and whine all you want about apparently important grunt code. No one cares, or has time for that.

Maybe you're posting from a tech sweat shop in India, which would fit, and would explain the interpersonal skills, and the interest in connectors / exchange handlers.

Or maybe just some pissed off unemployed IT guy who's running a 1 man "firm".

So .. whatever.

You're on the ignore list now.

#51     May 20, 2012
  2. Excellent, then I do not need to read your bs in response to my posts anymore. You are pathetic to claim a trading system runs on the basis of 200 lines of code. Stop confusing others with your nonsense.

Final post in that regards to those who start out in this business and to the OP:

No, I dont know of any retail platform that reliably trades baskets of 500 names or more. Even Amibroker cannot handle the OMS and execution logic correctly, imho. That is not what those retail packages were designed for at least for the time being. Just my 2 cents.

#52     May 20, 2012
  3. I'm in the Rutgers MQF program. It's not a CMU or a Columbia in terms of brand name, but it's still a very good program in terms of learning the mathematics and techniques required to hopefully come up with a viable alpha generator for my own account.

Which masters program were you from, if I may ask, and where did you land your first trading desk role?

#53     May 20, 2012
  4. Interesting, so you intend to utilize what you learned exclusively for trading your own account? Generally students in those programs are very keen on joining an institutional trading desk. Myself, I went through one of the two programs you mentioned then priced rates derivative structures before moving to more of a flow trading role on the rates side.

#54     May 21, 2012