Automating Closing Out Stock Position With Large Spread and High Volatility

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ChadZ1, Feb 3, 2018.

1. From my educated eye, almost ALL the good fills on wide small caps are rigged, fake, manipulated, criminal, unattainable prints by tape painters.

Other than that, you're good to go

#11     Feb 4, 2018
  2. ChadZ1

ChadZ1

Haha, great. I see a lot of big fills come through that either move through the NBBO price or get very close to it. I'm hoping that by placing a hidden order slightly before the NBBO and posting out loud just behind it I can get in on some of it. I mean, even if the order fills in a dark pool my out loud order is still guaranteed a fill if the price moves past it, no? Obviously this won't happen all the time, but the trading algorithms I've tried have been getting no fills in this situation.

#12     Feb 4, 2018
  3. sorry pal, your HIDDEN order qualifies you for a free lifetime sub to Elite Trader, but little else.

What do you mean posting behind the hidden order? I suspect they will print at a price to screw you if they can, unless you're lucky or they can't help it.

I've damn near given up even buying on the bid, a tactic that used to work well. You only get filled if its the shit, and never if its' going higher. Talking short term stuff, obviously, you can get hit, and the stock can be higher 15 minutes later, but rarely 1 minute

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    #13     Feb 4, 2018
  4. ChadZ1

ChadZ1

Well at least I'll have a place to air my frustrations then.

I meant place the passive order behind the NBBO price so that I will get in on some of the action if the price moves through it. I'm thinking of some kind of layering strategy in the order book bc as of right now with the IB and Jefferies algorithms I often don't even get partial fills in such cases, or if I'm lucky I get only a tiny fraction of the total volume.

#14     Feb 5, 2018