Automating a discretionary strategy?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jmcnabb26, Oct 1, 2009.

1. I trade a discretionary strategy that I've been working on for the past 8 years... The first 5 years I was unprofitable. It wasn't until 2007 that I starting making money consistently.

I think I could automate a few setups that I have developed with some pretty specific trade criteria... The problem is that I don't know anything about programming...

Is it possible to automate a discretionary trading strategy if I have specific trade criteria?

If so, I'm either gonna have to start learning EasyLanguage or partner with a programmer who knows what he's doing... :D

2. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Our application is designed to allow traders to automate their discretionary strategies. You don't need to know how to program, it's a simple point and click interface. You can design very simple or sophisticated strategies in a matter of minutes, launch them right in your LVL II or futures ladder and then adjust the strategy anytime you see fit with a manual trade....the automated strategy will adjust. Our expert staff can also help you with strategy design.

3. rosy2

rosy2

sure

"You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you tell me precisely what it is a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that." John von Neumann

4. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

yip, machines are really good at doing EXACTLY what they're told :)