automatic trading?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by larryb, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curious... how many years of architecutre/design/development
    experience does your developer have?

peace

axeman

#31     May 7, 2003
  2. Over 15 years i believe

#32     May 7, 2003
  3. Very very solid. But still about a decade less than me.

peace

axeman

#33     May 7, 2003
  4. This could explain your optimism.

Do you trade futures or Equities?

#34     May 7, 2003
  5. Both. Focusing on futures now.
    However, my strengths are still in programming.
    I still consider myself a newbie trader.
    I still have a ton of ideas to analyze and test and not enough
    hours in a day :D
    It will be several years before I think I will be a solid trader.

It took years to master computers. I expect the same of
    trading.

peace

axeman

#35     May 7, 2003
    #36     May 7, 2003
  7. kobyco

kobyco

#37     May 7, 2003
  8. Unless they have made changes to this, what I have noticed about there product is that unless you use there can strategies tying a black box or TS system to this can get extremely tricky and you will need a C++ programmer to get the job done. With ours you can use your TS code directly. The only time consuming function (3 days at most) with ours is customizing all the trailing stops, your reactions toward incomplete fills, making those customizations to each product you would like to trade and you can trade multiple products simultaneously at the exact same time. The upside to strategy runner is that anyone can use it. If you would like to use ours you have to do some size.

#38     May 8, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

... Led the design and built systems for NASDAQ, Lehman, Merrill, CME, Bank of America, Waterhouse ... The list goes on with large current projects in our software business adn commercial licenses to large companies. Other people that work for me have done the same. No we are not lookking for work and all of our resources are taken for the next couple of years on engaged projects - please dont PM.

The time depends upon what you want to do: if all you want is a system to handle a one person shop then yes you could probably be done in a day .... If you have a more complicated trading approach and information systems to integrate then no I disagree with you.

You are talking about something trivial if it can be completed end to end in a month.

Hopefully those reading the threads have the common sense to disregard or use the ignore function for the bogus entries of some of the other posters: If you have nontrivial software systems to build you had better get it right the first time and If somebody comes to you and claims to be able to do a custom financial trading system end to end in a month then you'd better run away ....

#39     May 8, 2003
  10. Ok well this all sounds fine and dandy but I think it is complete bullshit. You may be a good programmer but these credentials mentioned are BS/and this comes from experience in dealing with well over 20 too 30 programmers over the past 2 years. In the event that a programmer faces a real challenge on a project they will not commit to a certain time frame nor should they.

In short what I have found is that finding a good programmer is like finding a good trader. They hardley exist and finding one is a total long shot. Besides if you are so busy what in the hell are you doing posting on elite?

This is great, "You are talking about something trivial if it can be completed end to end in a month". Well no shit Einstien! Are you trying to tell me that nothing is trivial to you?

Peace dude and I am very sorry that I PM's your premadonna ass!

QUOTE]Quote from CalTrader:

... Led the design and built systems for NASDAQ, Lehman, Merrill, CME, Bank of America, Waterhouse ... The list goes on with large current projects in our software business adn commercial licenses to large companies. Other people that work for me have done the same. No we are not lookking for work and all of our resources are taken for the next couple of years on engaged projects - please dont PM.

The time depends upon what you want to do: if all you want is a system to handle a one person shop then yes you could probably be done in a day .... If you have a more complicated trading approach and information systems to integrate then no I disagree with you.

You are talking about something trivial if it can be completed end to end in a month.

Hopefully those reading the threads have the common sense to disregard or use the ignore function for the bogus entries of some of the other posters: If you have nontrivial software systems to build you had better get it right the first time and If somebody comes to you and claims to be able to do a custom financial trading system end to end in a month then you'd better run away ....
    [/QUOTE]

#40     May 8, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.