automatic trading?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by larryb, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

What type of problems are you having with Dynaorder and executions?

#11     Oct 6, 2002
  2. I thought Robbins Trading used to do automated system trading, but from their site it looks like they just trade their own systems, and not your custom system.

http://www.robbinstrading.com/system/

#12     Oct 6, 2002
  3. I believe you can run wealth-lab off esignal data and create an API that sends signals from wealth lab to IB to execute trades.

At Metoxx and Nitro said though, you will still need to watch to make sure nothing goes wrong. Which it will.

Runningbear.

#13     Oct 7, 2002
  4. Our software will allow auto trading from esignal, TS, VB, C++, and pretty much any programming language that allows DLL calls. Give me a call if your interested.

#14     Oct 7, 2002
  5. Directed to the programmers out there...

I programmed VB 5 for 1.5 years, a lot fo SQL, DAO and simple Active X components like timers, Crystal reports, using MS Access as backend. I would like to program a trading system in VB 6 and connect to my platform thru the API of that software execution platform. Basic workflow consists of putting out limit orders, cancelling them when certain conditions show up, setting 2 exit trades when my order gets filled-one to get out at a loss, other to take profits. How much of a learning curve does it take to program with API's from the above listed skillset? Thanks

#15     Oct 8, 2002
  6. the software platform (hammer(andover)) i use allows you to easily enter automated trading parameters. i use it to enter and exit gap trades automatically. there is no need to be at your computer once the parameters are set. andover is one of the leaders in automated trading. for more info see my homepage or click the bullets below.

#16     Oct 8, 2002
  7. One month to get something working, two to six to debug and make money unless it is very basic; in that case maybe a month for the whole thing.

#17     Oct 9, 2002
  8. With our software, we can have you automated in a matter of 10 minutes. No programming work is needed once your system is complete.

#18     Oct 9, 2002
  9. Daal

Daal

Really

#19     May 7, 2003
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

We have already done this internally at our firm: This sounds simple but to actually get a validated robust and nontrivial system in place is not a one month initial programming problem, even in a VB environment. If its a trivial system maybe. However if you want a system complete with compliance, and robust exception and rule handling you are looking at a much longer project.

Even with the tens of thousands of lines of quality control reviewed code and production level software components that we own, putting together a fully tested system in which we were willing to risk real money took longer than one month - with several world class software engineers and programmers.

Unless you do something very specialized which justifies this investment you are much better off using an off the shelf automated or semi-automated system from one of the larger vendors .......

#20     May 7, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.