Automatic screen capture on 10 screens every X minutes

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bolimomo, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Ah! Thanks samovar! I feel better now. :)

Both TimeSnapper and Irfan do a great job! TimeSnapper costs $25. Which I think is fair. And this one is free! Can't complain! :)

One thing I like Irfan better is that it let me choose how to name my files (I can have prefix, suffix, etc.). The other one just uses its own convention - in fraction of a second as file name.

Thank you all of you who responded to my question. This is making my job much easier not having to manually capture screenshots!

#11     Apr 15, 2011
  2. dc101

dc101

#12     Apr 15, 2011
  3. samovar

samovar

Irfan can do a slideshow of any images you have, including a series of screenshots. You can configure the delay between displaying images etc.

#13     Apr 16, 2011
  4. Highly recommended: ;)

#14     Apr 16, 2011
  5. Update:

I have strong evidences which suggested that the Irfanview software is associated with a virus:

"Win 7 Internet Security 2011"

Google's info:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=9e109416ad216412

Either that, or the download website I went through to get Irfanview had placed trojan horses.

Every since I started using Irfan my Windows 7 became weird.

I strongly recommend not using it. Or at least be careful.

I am re-installing Win 7 on my trading box as I typed.

TimeSnapper on the other hand seems okay.

#15     May 1, 2011
  6. samovar

samovar

#16     May 2, 2011
  7. You may be right samovar. I didn't jot down the URL from which I downloaded the install file. But I know one thing. I have set up my computer since May 2010 and this was the first time I ran into problem with viruses. The timing purely co-incided with the approximate date I downloaded Irfanview to try it. It could be the site I downloaded it from had stuffed it with the virus. Or it was purely coincident that I had clicked on a wrong "DOWNLOAD" button. These days webpages are very confusing and it is just so easy to step on a landmine.

Let me ask you this: with my version of Irfanview, every time after I exited the software (I really don't want it to run any more), it kept popping up on my screen after a few hours (I am not sure exactly how long). It wouldn't die. It wouldn't go away. Is this normal?

#17     May 2, 2011
  8. samovar

samovar

That's not normal, but we don't know exactly what you did, so...

Did you try submitting the executable to those online virus scanners?

You can also run the ESET online virus scanner on your hard disks:

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner

#18     May 2, 2011
  9. That's what I thought. What I had was not normal.

No I didn't submit the executable to the online virus scanner. 1) I have not come to trust any of these sites. I had bad experiences that some sites that "offer" Spyware removal software actually spread spywares. 2) I have completely wiped out the drive once I confirmed my suspicion that I had a virus on my computer and re-installed Win 7. And I don't want to spend any more time on it than what I already had.

Just to caution others about the risks. Be careful.

Thanks for your help samovar!

#19     May 2, 2011
  10. samovar

samovar

Well, sorry to say this, and I think you would agree with me, that you're not exactly a computer power-user. Again, I apologize if I offended, but from the terms and language I've seen in your messages, I can clearly tell that.

Anyway, just to clarify things: the two online virus scanners I suggestion you upload the Irfan executable to (http://www.virustotal.com/, http://virusscan.jotti.org/) don't offer ant spyware removal software. You just upload your suspicious file there, and they do the scan server-side, and report the results in a normal web page.

#20     May 3, 2011