automatic order sent from a filter alert

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trius718, Oct 10, 2003.

1. trius718

trius718

I am a profitable trader from Worldco,i have been trading here for more than 2 years. My trading is based on First Alert filter. I place buy and sell orders when the stocks pop up from the filter. Does anybody knows which pro trading firm have the feature of connecting both the filter and order entry so i don't have to manually typing the order entries? In other words, the limit order is automatically sent to the market as soon as the stock name comes up on the filter. Thank you very much for anyone's help. I appreciate it very much.

2. you can do that at echo... i use filters myself...but i don't use the automated feature yet. i still like to pull the trigger myself.

3. trius718

trius718

which filter, quote and order entry you use there? i only trade listed stocks and use AT financials for quotes and charts. it is very slow but reliable (it doesn't halt much.) WTS is fast but it has problems once or twice a week. Anyway, thank you for your reply.

4. EGM uses first alert for their order entry system. They also have IOG which allows your filter results to be automated into order entry. There website is www.egmtrading.com

5. Has anybody traded at EGM? What are your opinions? Seems like a pretty new firm. Do they do as advertised (bbox trading)?

So far I've found only 2 firms that feature automatic orders sent from a filter alert (namely EGM & Hold Bros.).

6. EGM = Emperian. The name of one of our better ex'traders who is now more into the software business rather than personal trading it seems. Smart guy!! And, Melanie has the new "Trader Bulletin" website......

I'm not "endorsing" simply disclosing....they're nice people....

Don

7. so what's the deal ....i miss that site???

8. Oh, I don't know...I haven't checked it out lately....they were sending me invites (I thought they just stopped sending them to me, on a personal basis.....paranoia kicking in!! lol )....

Don