Automatic Order Entry API for IB

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by PeterCabus, Nov 15, 2001.

1. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

Contact AlexMorris@aol.com

Best damn programmer on Wall Street>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The tactical intelligence environment that we control, SPECTRE LEVEL IV, combined with IB' structure would constitute the most powerful platform in the industry.........

and considerably the most valuable resource for direct access traders ever seen or accomplished.........

Have a Good Morning...............

#61     Dec 20, 2001
  2. dozu888

dozu888

Somebody on wealth-lab.com posted that IB is to release an ActiveX component... can anybody confirm this news ??

#62     Jan 16, 2002
  3. mskl

mskl

Yes I have received confirmation that it is in the works. No timetable though (1 month??)

#63     Jan 16, 2002
  4. rickty

rickty

see def's comment on the second page of the Futures thread
    "Tradestation IB DDE link"
    (sorry, but providing a link didn't work (?))

Richard

#64     Jan 16, 2002
  5. Peter -

Looking at your first post in this thread, I was just curious if you were ever able to to get that COM object developed? I myself, work full time as a systems analyst specializing in MFC/VC++ and would be willing to test if for you, if you'd like.

#65     Jan 21, 2002
  6. oneway

oneway

I was wondering if you could help me:

ref my post: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=5545

I am trying to do the following and want to write my own VB application that interfaces with IB TWS

EXAMPLE:

Buy 4 Long ES at Limit Price

Stop Order(All-4) Set at Limit Price -2.00

Sell 2 Longs Order Set at Entry + 2.00
    Move Stop to Break Even

Sell 1 Long Order Set at Entry + 3.00
    Move Stop to Break Even =2.00

Sell 1 Long Order Set at Entry + 4.00

I want to be able to create custom order sets that when I invoke the cmd click event procedure....the order would execute and update as above. Stops would move up automatically etc...

I know this an involved project, and I need to take baby steps first so......

For starters, do you have any sample VBP's that I could look at to get a feel of how an Active X API interfaces a VBP and TWS?

Anything to give me an idea would be great...Thanks

Scott

#66     May 10, 2002