Automatic Intraday Futures Feedback

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RandBots, Nov 7, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

Another alternative is to invest the money with a CTA or something similar. For example, I know a guy from this site who runs this fund:

http://forexgridsystems.com/

Might be something worth considering.

#21     Nov 7, 2018
    RandBots likes this.
  2. RandBots

RandBots

I will take a look - However FX is not as simple as Futures in my view

#22     Nov 7, 2018
  3. Specterx

Specterx

The fact is that nobody with a profitable and robust intraday trading strategy is going to sell it to you for a one-time fee of a few thousand bucks. There's a 95-99%+ chance that any strategy open to purchase or subscription for modest sums either never worked from the beginning, or will soon stop working and leave you with losses.

If someone is a decently skilled trader (or coder who develops a profitable system) and needs seed capital to deploy, they're not going to get that capital by selling subscriptions or open-ended commitments to provide signals to random strangers over the internet. Instead they're going to take their track record to actual trading firms or funds offering deep pockets, infrastructure, potential for collaboration, industry knowledge and connections, back-office support, etc. etc.

If you have real money to invest, CTAs and funds subject to at least minimal regulation/oversight, and who get paid based on performance, are a likelier bet - but it's impossible for an outsider to distinguish luck or survivorship bias from actual trading edge or skill based on a quick look at some marketing literature.

#23     Nov 7, 2018
    RandBots, fan27 and comagnum like this.
  4. RandBots

RandBots

Hello @Specterx this is a great explanation of how the industry really work. The outline of your thesis is flawless. Thank you, I really enjoyed reading your comments.

I am aware of CTAs but even there, intraday trading futures is not consistent enough based on my research. This could be the key. Perhaps you can provide more light in that direction.

If any of the vendor could offer value added then the CTAs or Funds would be the first to buy it. wouldn't they? Or maybe they are not willing to take the risk..

Thinking inside of the BOX, could you agree with me that if 95 to 99%+ will fail -- maybe is smarter to get a few of those and trade the opposite direction of their recommendation. That sooner than later will make money for me while the rest of subscribers lose money.

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

#24     Nov 7, 2018
  5. fan27

fan27

What is your ultimate goal? Just to get a very good return on investment for your friend?

#25     Nov 7, 2018
  6. Seeing this tiny account size I have two questions:
    Why does it have to be an intraday trading strategy?
    Why does it have to be a futures trading strategy?

#26     Nov 8, 2018
  7. RandBots

RandBots

Hello @MarkBrown,

Wanted to share some feedback, since your comments are valuable to me.
    3 months have passed since I moved from demo to real trading.
    Here is a glimpse of the results. Of course high risk was taken.

#27     Apr 1, 2019
  8. RandBots

RandBots

The goal new is to have a way to help my friend, now, I have data that support that high risk can bring high reward and an strategy that can help him to reach there..

#28     Apr 1, 2019
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

what was the risk vs the gain? if you risk more than less than 1% on a trade that was too much. the curve looks much like buy and hold, there is a difference between trading and investing.

#29     Apr 1, 2019
  10. RandBots

RandBots

Clearly, I have risk more than 1%. I was willing to risk 30% of the capital to make 100%. Its not intra-day because sometimes it does not react target nor stop.

Maybe I was just lucky, how can we know? I think that timing is really important and how trading results developed was critical to stick to the plan. Regarding the results, I do not know how to keep kurtosis so low in the future. The distribution picture shows 2 winners that put me at a great starting place.

Now the next question is - if someone really wants to do this for many more years...it is really really hard and the emotional swing can be significant depending on personality.

#30     Apr 1, 2019