Automatic Intraday Futures Feedback

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RandBots, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

This is a really bad idea, RandBots...Those strategies probably won't make you any money, outside of dumb luck.

If you want a "free ride"....check out Collective2.com ... much lower costs, and you don't need to run a server...probably more transparent in terms of performance than the "strategies" you listed.

#11     Nov 7, 2018
    d08, RandBots and MarkBrown like this.
  2. fan27

fan27

This is a losing scenario. Your yearly costs are $6000 with an AUM of only $20,000 which is 30% of your capital! This means you have to make 30% return just to break even. Perhaps try swing trading where you can use EOD data and your costs will only be commissions.

#12     Nov 7, 2018
  3. RandBots

RandBots

Yes @IAS_LLC - I agree. He knows @Collective2 and he uses some strategies there.

Because costs are lower and you can measure performance.
    C2 have increased his trading experience but still looking for a consistent intraday future strategy.

Maybe in the search of the Grail (good point @MarkBrown - denial) to be flat and profitable at the end of the day.

@IAS_LLC can you propose other alternatives. Your feedback is great!
    Thanks

#13     Nov 7, 2018
  4. RandBots

RandBots

Thanks @fan27. I agree that in the longterm 20k is not enough but lets say cost are not a issue. And he can afford to be flat at the end of 12 months.

Let focus on a sound alternative for him. Are they alternatives of those vendors wise? If not, what can you propose?

Thanks to all for the feedback.

#14     Nov 7, 2018
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I would get a good job save my money and read perry kaufmans book "smarter trading" until I could quote it from memory and fully understand the contents. Then you will know what to do with your money to trade profitably.

#15     Nov 7, 2018
    RandBots likes this.
  6. RandBots

RandBots

Thank for the recommendation. The book is below 10USD (used), not with many reviews at amazon and Perry have an impressive background. A closer look will be taken :)

Do you know this site?
    https://kaufmansignals.com/october-2018-performance-report/

The good and real job of this trader will be to report the outcome of this scenario.

He wants to increase his odds before he start trading real capital with third party systems. This why he is reaching to expects like you.

On the other hand, if have the choice to quit during the research period and not lose money. But once he select one system he commits for 12 months or until the stop loss get trigger.

I understand this is not an easy task.

#16     Nov 7, 2018
  7. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Absolutely: put in the work, study the markets, and come up with your own strategy.

#17     Nov 7, 2018
  8. RandBots

RandBots

Great, @ais_llc.

The thing is that i am trying to get into intraday futures as a diversification for my the main strategy of one system which is working. This is why i am doing research to avoid typical mistakes or get out of the illusion that someone else is ready to have a proven method and willing to share which can be consistent or better than mine.

From the comments, i see that most of you do not have good experiences with third party but by own experiences have not worked as expected. I have tried for 1.8 years.
    I do share that C2 helps to remove a significant pain of the industry. But the results of those systems what have at least 2 years do not match my risk reward data.

#18     Nov 7, 2018
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Every system I have designed and bought has required adjustments at some point, are third parties going to make adjustments and have stats to show they are favorable? If not or they vanish, do you have skills to make adjustments? Are systems open code?

Request last 3 years of monthly statements of each system they are selling. This is where they usually stop writing you back.

Mark Brown very right on selling too much of a system, it stops working, what happens when hedge funds get copies? Larger traders find where the stops are and try pushing the market to trigger stops and they take other side for the market to return, when those who got stopped out take another stab, they push market further.

Here is the guts of vendors, if it was highly profitable, they would trade it and never sell it for couple thousand, you throw on some size to signals and be making on each trade what you be selling it. Bet if you checked with Russians that sell bootleg systems have it for $100 bucks.

#19     Nov 7, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  10. RandBots

RandBots

Hello @Handle123, I appreciate your comments.

The adjustments is a very good point. I have read it multiple times and its expected to do so. The code is not normally open.

Regarding Statements yeah -- I only know three people that gave show statement but one 1 that have it for more than 3 years, and they are good. But not intraday futures.

Regarding large players, I think is also risky for them to run stops - there is not free lunch specially in futures. This is maybe on of the reason why the code is not open. You have to make money from someone.

Regarding they would not share it if it was good enough. COULD Be but I know guys that have good systems and they have difficulties to attach money -- this is why seeding capital for emerging managers is an industry. To take good system from 100k to 1M investments any coder need external help. To take it from 1M to 20M you need friends and families, from 20M to 100M .. need another player.. and from 100M to .. you need large institutions....

I really appreciate your feedback but, very good point with the open code.
    Thanks

What would you do?

#20     Nov 7, 2018