Automatic Importing of Data into excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by swiftmike99, Jan 8, 2007.

1. I am trying to create a spreadsheet in excel that would automatically update stock price, last day closing price, volume etc. I know there is data that can be pulled of yahoo, but i have limited knowledge in excel programing and that doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone has a spreadsheet that they could share with me or offer some advice on how to accomplish this.
    I also have copy of esignal, maybe there is an easy way to load it up from there, but I am assuming the yahoo way will be easier and more native to excel.

Thanks for any help.
    Mike

2. not sure about it updating live, but if you go to yahoo finance choose a stock then click "historical prices" from the left hand side, it should give you the option to download to excel at the bottom.

hope this helps.

8s

3. phg

phg

eSignal has an easy-to-use DDE interface to Excel. Google 'esignal dde'. It is as simple as adding functions in Excel cells.

4. Quotein.com for $7 per month.

5. Bob111

Bob111

6. If you are only looking for EOD quotes there is a built-in query in excel.

Data-import data-stock quotes. I attached a simple spreadsheet that has stock quotes, index quotes, and currency rates. All these are built into excel.

Just go to the ticker page, put in or take out whatever quotes you want. Go back to the quote page and hit the "refresh" button on the bottom of the page and you are good to go.

If you need real-time quotes then esignal is the way to go. Unfortunately I can't help you there.

Hope it helps.

7. File didnt go. Lets try it again. If not, PM me and Ill email it to you if u want.

8. Yeah that worked great, thanks alot All you do is put "=WINROS|LOW!IBM" into a cell and you get the data you need, just sub low for open close high etc. works great so easy too. good job esignal!

Mike