Automatic ban for everyone with a "this is my last post" message

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Some people are having trouble leaving this place and usually they are the ones who are not needed here anyway, so why don't we help them out and ban them automatically after they post a "this is my last post" message?

Here is the latest addition to the list:

Apparently John the 3rd didn't make the full transition to completely leaving ET, and I don't see any good reason why NOT to help him achieving his goal.

So let's ban his sorry ass... :)

2. 100% agree, if you are going to throw a whiny "I'm leaving ET for good" post then you should be taken out with the trash.

3. Can we create a specail place to do this? And get all our posts deleted in the bargain?

4. Pek, At first I thought you quit. :eek:

Good post/idea.

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Good idea. I will ban him right now.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I guess to say goodbye, one can do it in the Feedback section and mods could immediately ban him, as a help. Deleting all posts for senior users is not possible, because people already responded to those posts.

It only works with new spammers with relative small postcount, who haven't contributed much yet.

7. ET is a little like heroin...sometimes you really want to quit, but you just cant. :)

8. Speaking from extensive personal experience, ET is nothing like heroin! :D

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Speaking of ban, why was Art Deco banned?

Other forums usually have a ban list with a short explanation or "Banned" appear next to the poster's name when such action occur.

So what did the good mentor do??