Automated TWS startup

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by taodr, Sep 11, 2003.

1. just21

just21

I am not using the latest version of TWS since someone reported problems with it here. TWS Start is working for me. Have you emailed the author?

#11     Sep 19, 2003
  2. I wonder why your having problems with Macro express. I am using it and it works great. Very easy to set up. I have it shut off Sierra charts at 11:30. Tws shuts off at 11:59. Then TWS comes back on at 1:00am and Sierra comes back on at 1:05 and ties into TWS and resumes tracking.

#12     Sep 19, 2003
  3. Here's a picture of a Macroexpress Script that calls up IB TWS. It's set to call up the demo TWS but you can substitute your own username and password. The details are shown for the first step, "program launch". Occasionally when TWS is updated the "program path/name" changes so you have to change the script accordingly.

• tws.jpg
      File size:
      45.6 KB
      Views:
    #13     Sep 19, 2003
  4. Macro has some pretty advanced setup procedures but I havent even tried to use them. I just use the capture feature which copies your mouse and key movements and repeats them at a scheduled time. Took me about ten minutes to set it up.

#14     Sep 19, 2003
  5. Woody

Woody

Thanks def, I think you are right. I noticed the SSL option now and that might be causing the problem. I will look into it.

#15     Sep 19, 2003