Automated TWS startup

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by taodr, Sep 11, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

Is anyone using software for automated startup of TWS. Lets say I want it to start @ 3-00am. everyday. What works. Someone suggested macro express but can't get it to work.

2. Couldn't you just use the Windows Scheduler service?

-FastTrader

3. just21

just21

4. damir00

damir00 Guest

if you're unix-flavored, just add a cron job.

5. Why not just leave it running?

Or do you want auto-restart, in case it goes down?

peace

axeman

6. Try it with the TWSStart program!
    Here is the Macro Express script to start it automatically
    Basically you use command windows launch TWSStart; command type text "ENTER" and stop macro.
    Use activation by schedule to get the macro going.

That's it!

<LAUNCHDEL2:0:01C:\Program Files\TWSAPI\TWSStart.exe><TEXTTYPE:<ENTER>><MSTOP>

Bob

7. just21

just21

8. Woody

Woody

I've been using TWS Start successfully for the last few months. Starting yesterday I have not been able to get it to work. Anyone else having similar problems? It is possible that my problems started when I downloaded the lastest version of TWS. I am using Build 806.3.

9. def

def Sponsor

You'll have to check with the person who wrote that code but in the latest release IB offers an SSL option which if you can check off (added encryption at the expense of a few milliseconds in speed). that might be the cause of their code failing.

10. Hi just21,

Did you have any success in getting TWSSAPI.DLL to work? On my system I don't seem to be able to get it registered. Something seems to be wrong with this dll.

Thank you for helping.

#10     Sep 19, 2003