Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rshuhart, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ya better stick to C#

#21     Aug 4, 2006
  2. nbates

nbates

Hey, I'm not knocking Python and know it's good, just can't ever get the Ernest image out of my head after watching the movie so many times with the kid's. :p

#22     Aug 4, 2006
  3. nbates,

stay away of markets. keep on watching kiddie movies.
    :p

#23     Aug 5, 2006
  4. dan05

dan05

C++, C#, Perl, Java

#24     Aug 8, 2006
  5. t1ck3r

t1ck3r

How's about putting together a flow chart accounting for every case ? 98% of development is spent flushing out business logic. Very little is spent actually hammering on keys. If you put together all the business logic the coding part is easy. Most people I work with if they code with easy language it helps my cause in building them a system.

#25     Aug 11, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

A flow chart is a powerful tool, many coders don't use it. I find that as an amateur coder I can go from start to finish a lot faster if I flow chart, probably faster than a pro that does not determine flow first. If flow is determined your desing phase

Here is something for the guy starting out: You can go a long way with Tradestation 2000. First off it is fairly easy to program so you can get going with it and become proficient in maybe a year. You can replace your EZLanguage code with DLL calls to Matlab or just your own DLL's to do the calculations at some point if you have a need for speed. That is a pretty far journey with an $85 initial investment for a cracked copy :eek: of Tradestation. If you are going to monitor a lot of issues there is third party software with which you can run Global Server on one machine and serve data to several machines running ProSuite. That means you could autotrade with a couple of machines and run tests on another one.

#26     Aug 11, 2006