Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rshuhart, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Indeed, the ones that don't know any better do!

This topic has been discussed EXHAUSTIVELY in earlier threads. Being a relative newbie in this area, you may have missed a substantial part of these.

#11     Aug 4, 2006
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

OK, obviously I missed some threads. But when I talk to my buddies doing IT at the major brokerages in NYC (MER, JPM, UBS, etc.) they're all doing C++ and C# for automated trading.

Can you give me a link to some of the threads you are referring to?

Cash

#12     Aug 4, 2006
  3. Build and test ideas in www.smartquant.com and run them realtime in XTrader...............done.

#13     Aug 4, 2006
  4. nbates

nbates

SmartQuant is good for beginners (imo)

#14     Aug 4, 2006
  5. GTS

GTS

Just search for Python and you're sure to find what you are looking for.

If you want the readers digest version its "If it's not Python, its craaap" - pretty much the same as the SNL skit (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91escottish.phtml)

#15     Aug 4, 2006
  6. nbates

nbates

Python...every time I see the word in print I think of the movie with Earnest and the pick-up truck full of snakes and he wide-eyed and frantic calling out; "It's a Python, a Python I tell ya!"
    :D

#16     Aug 4, 2006

7. Yes all the Hedge Funds using it are at the beginning stages of trading..... :)

#17     Aug 4, 2006
  8. TKM

TKM

RSHUHART,

I think you are mis-judging.

Here is your question:

>What do the professionals used for automated trading? I'm not >talking about Tradestation, I hear the program can be inefficient >when it comes to processing code (although this would only >matter for super scalping). But maybe I heard wrong.

I am a professional trader and I use the cooltrade software for automated trading. I am not affiliated with cooltrade, so you can slam all you want. Whether you like like their website or not, doesn't negate the fact that the software works great for me.

Best to you, mister 16 poster!

#18     Aug 4, 2006
  9. nbates

nbates

I have an in-depth understanding of it and don't see anything very special for my purposes - but hey, knock yourself out, if you like it that's fine.

#19     Aug 4, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

They nick some commish from every trade, that can really add up.

In the same league would be Tradestation 2000 and using Hyperorder to autotrade with IB but you will not pay extra commish.

#20     Aug 4, 2006