Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by goldenarm, May 10, 2006.

1. Sorak99

Sorak99

Since that time I have developed a strategy of my own that i feel is more consistant to my way of trading. Which i am proud to say that is on the board for downloadable strategies with a monthly return of 2.91% (41% Compounded Annual Return).

I am still doing minor tweeks, I still strongly encourage the Simulation mode to make sure your strategy works.

George

#31     Jan 24, 2007
  2. Oh yeah, I see the 2.91 strategy... good work. I've noticed after periodically checking those strategies that they're all only around for a few months. I rarely see a strategy on the page that's had over 90 days of history. Do you have to continually tweak and change strategies, and can you run more than 1 strategy at a time. Thanks for your time. Good trading to you. J

#32     Jan 24, 2007
  3. Sorak99

Sorak99

I cant speak for everyone but for me, i start off with blanket basic rules and see if they function how i like them too. Then i begin to isolate and tweak, a single rule at a time, because it uses a real time simulation its hard to test in up and down situations and takes a while. So I stopped running that strategy at least two months trying to tweak it.

Thats the reason for mine only running for x days, I believe everyone else is because Cool-Trade updates quickly and has new options and rules that are included everytime. A single tweak resets all stats.

Cool-Trade is a MUCH bigger beast than it was a year ago.

To run more than one account you need to buy more accounts, and another fairly fast computer.

George

#33     Jan 24, 2007
  4. tmc

tmc

Does anyone have any current feedback on Cool-Trade?

#34     Aug 20, 2011
  5. Flanco

Flanco

I'm happy with it. I find it easy to use. I've been playing with different strategies for automated trading using the macd lines. It is all point and click when I try out new strategies.Someone suggested I try RSI levels and Candlestick Reversals so I will add them to CoolTrade and see how it works. I would recommend the software, I link it with my TDAmeritrade account and I'm able to use their data feed for intraday indicators.

Flanco

#35     Sep 1, 2011
  6. thehixx

thehixx

Can any Cooltrade users comment on the incredible increase in monthly rates? When I first looked into Cooltrade, it was $40 per month and you could do a month to month contract. Now it is $4000 for a year and no refund if you don't like it, and you can't demo it before you buy!

#36     Oct 27, 2011
  7. I never got into auto trading, however would i be wrong to say that a much better approach to creating a program is to have traded a concept manually for some time, then automate it along with overseeing the trading so that your informed and understanding on what times changes must be made ? it seems like all you nerds ( and i say that kindly ) are just taking an idea and throwing it to auto,

this is not a statement, it is a question. thank you

#37     Oct 27, 2011
  8. Flanco

Flanco

Cooltrade has specials available. You should email them and they will email them to you. They referred me to Robotic Trading Systems and they offer the software for 50% off.

I have only been using the software for a short time and it paid for itself in the first week so I wouldn't consider any price for the software to be too much.

When I initially emailed them they gave me a full walkthrough and starter trading strategies that blew away all of my preconceived notions about the kind of returns one could get in the stock market.

#38     Oct 28, 2011
  9. lindq

lindq

The promotional materials that I have seen from CoolTrade (aka Robotic Trading Systems) give one the impression that it is possible to make hundreds of winning trades with few or no losing trades.

The fact is that there is no shortcut to making profits trading the markets. There are no software packages or systems that will generate profits without an EQUAL opportunity for losses.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because it simply is not true. And I speak from the experience of trading professionally for over 10 years. It is a tough business that has left most people much poorer than richer.

If you are new to trading, and considering ANY software that promises shortcuts or an easy path to profits, then proceed with extreme caution. Begin on only a very small trial basis, and don't get yourself locked into anything expensive that you can't get out of.

#39     Mar 16, 2012
  10. Flanco

Flanco

As explained to you many times, the strategy handed out is a LIFO strategy that trades with out stop losses and adds to positions on a 15% drop. In fact RTS has posted that the NET profit if all the positions still open where liquidated that the total NET is over 30% in under 7 months. I saw the posts you made a couple weeks ago and I believe the rep even quoted exactly what he sent you which is not what you posted. RTS explains the software to everyone in detail and does complete demonstrations before they expect anyone to spend one dime. Automated trading is used by every major brokerage, do you think Goldman does manual trades? It is a software that helps level the playing field. There are thousands of strategies that the software carries out and it is the only software that is connected to TD Ameritrade, E*Trade, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, OptionsHouse, Options Express, TradeKing and FXCM and has been with them for years! So your saying these brokers don't know what they are doing? They have tens of thousands of users in over 40 countries.Have you even seen the software work? Be honest!

#40     Mar 16, 2012