Automated trading using Multicharts, NinjaTrader and Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Polon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Polon

Polon

Hi all,

I have been using Tradestation for a while now, but because of my location I am limited to only being able to trade FX with them. What I am looking for is to be able to trade my local markets as well as the rest of the worlds markets using the strategies that I have created on different products.

From what I have seen the general consensus of the boards seems to be that Interactive Brokers are the way forward and as they have an office in my country that really helps out! But for automation and a quick turnaround i would like to see what you guys think of the following?

1. Set up with Interactive Brokers
    2. Use MultiCharts - for testing and most importantly for their easyLanguage compatibility.
    3. Use NinjaTrader to link between MultiCharts and IB.

Does this sound sane and is there any of the EliteTraders members that have tried this method and if so was it a successful marriage of software?

Regards

2. MultiCharts is directly integrated with IB. It allows one to receive real-time, historical data and route orders. Moreover it handles advisory accounts and natively supports bracket orders.