Automated Trading Through Email

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by SoCalTrader619, May 10, 2007.

1. I have recently created an excellent trading system with indicators available through quotetracker. I'm looking for a software program that will automatically execute my trades through an email alert sent by QT. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

2. onemore

onemore

Would you be willing to share your paintbar code and chart settings? :)

3. Hello SoCalTrader619,

Did something like that once using PromaSoft Autoresponder (http://www.autoreplying.com). It can extract data from emails (symbol, price, qty) and execute external programs while feeding them the data. Can be set to respond only to the source email address.

smitty

4. Buxx

Buxx

do you have any requirement for a broker?
    i have built such email trading gateway software for gaincapital/forex.com and metatrader 4.
    i can consider using other brokers' APIs. PM me if your are interested and i can customize the softawre to your needs.
    as well i can make complete translation of your strategy to metatrader 4.

5. Do you really think that email is an appropriate mechanism for an ATS ? No guaranteed delivery and unknown and unlimited latency. I wouldn't do it.

Security is also an issue.

6. Thanks for the responses guys. I know that quotetracker has an API server, but I'm lost when it comes to programming. I need to go through Quotetracker, because it offers a couple of indicators that not many other software offers, and I am proficient with the paintbar function. Any ideas?

7. onemore

onemore

I use a python script that captures the email alert from QuoteTracker, parses the contents, and writes the order instructions to a file. Then, I use ZeroLine Trader to process the file and execute the order with Interactive Brokers. Zeroline Trader can also place stop loss orders and profit targets with your Buy/Sell order.

8. onemore

onemore

9. rosy2

rosy2

seems cutting edge. i worked on a similar system taking in emails and executing on cbot's project A, but that was well over 10 years ago.