Automated Trading System for TD Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mydann, Apr 18, 2012.

1. edbar

edbar

Jerry, I spoke with TD just last week, and they said they are killing most of the partners, but CoolTrade was safe. We have a few things going with them, including the 3-way deal, where CoolTrade automates Jim Cramer's Alerts (with TheStreet.com), and those trades MUST go through TD.

Ed

#11     May 13, 2012
  2. edbar

edbar

Send email to CustomerSupport@Cool-Trade.com and they will point you to partners that offer the software for half price.

#12     May 13, 2012
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Sounds like the typical US scam. You buy a program, it works for a few months and then you find you need add-ons or upgrades.
    Capitalism at its worst - the thieving monkeys !!

#13     May 13, 2012
  4. edbar

edbar

I'm not sure if there are add-on by going from the first TD API that Mike and Jerry Medved wrote for CoolTrade, to the TOS API.

But CoolTrade includes everything in thier software. There is no Home Vs Pro version. Every version contains everything, and there is no charge for updates.

I'm going to Contact TD and get the details on the TOS API. I'll let you know what I find.

#14     May 13, 2012
  5. I would suggest ditching TD Ameritrade for IB portfolio margin, recoding in Multicharts, and telling TD about your disappointment.

Portfolio margin is not an advantage anyway, and Multicharts is the best platform to use for automated trading.

#15     May 14, 2012
  6. Why would TDA cut off API access when you upgrade to a PM account? Isn't PM account just a change of risk profile and margin requirement?

I lost all my account history when I switched from TDA's TOS platform to the original TOS platform. I thought it was just a change of the client software, all my data should remained intact. As it turned out, it was quite the opposite, no change on the client-side, only the server side. And for whatever reason, TOS cannot access the data from the other server.

Had I known that I would have waited and cleaned up my positions before the switch.

It worries me that any type of "upgrades" - to PM, enabling futures or fores trading would have these type of undesired consequences.

#16     Jun 7, 2012
  7. Why would TDA cut off API access when you upgrade to a PM account? Isn't PM account just a change of risk profile and margin requirement?

I lost all my account history when I switched from TDA's TOS platform to the original TOS platform. I thought it was just a change of the client software, all my data should remained intact. As it turned out, it was quite the opposite, no change on the client-side, only the server side. And for whatever reason, TOS cannot access the data from the other server.

Had I known that I would have waited and cleaned up my positions before the switch.

It worries me that any type of "upgrades" (PM, futures or forex trading) would have these type of undesired consequences.

#17     Jun 7, 2012
  8. I found out that the legacy TOS server does not support API access. PM, Futures and Forex are only supported by the legacy servers.

#18     Jun 8, 2012