Automated Trading Software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by saatfj, Sep 3, 2008.

1. saatfj

saatfj

I like the Automated Trading feature in Tradestation. I just changed brokers to Interactive Brokers and would like to be able to do Automated Trading with IB.
    Any suggestions on IB partner software that will work for Stocks as well as Forex and offer AutoTrading.
    Thanks

2. JackR

JackR

3. Aok

Aok

4. can't button trader do what you're looking for?

5. Tums

Tums

MultiCharts

EasyLanguage compatible

http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/

it is still in beta...
    you might have to endure some teething pain.

But the upside is, you can run your TradeStation strategies without modification. Plus there are lots of ready made codes on the web.

6. KeLo

KeLo

I haven't used Multicharts much, but it is EasyLanguage compatible. And they are set up up with IB already. All software has some bugs, so I couldn't tell you which is better in that regard. My TS platform has crashed 3 times in the last 2 or 3 months. I lost thousand$ each time. It was due to the high traffic in FNM & FRE, which I was also trading.

Also NinjaTrader is a good program that you can try for free with a sim account. NinjaTrader doesn't use EasyLanguage however.

I have an account with TS. I haven't tried IB as yet. "Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities" mag rates IB #1 broker, and TS as #1 platform. I may give IB and Multicharts a try myself. TS has a very large support community however, when compared to Multicharts.

7. KeLo

KeLo

If you read the reviews on the IB "Technology Partners Program" webpage the 3 reviews say that Multicharts is slow and unreliable. (The slow speed could also be due to the data provider however. My note.) It is rated 1 out of 5 stars. The reviewers on this blog seem to like it however. I suggest trying it in sim mode first. as they say, "Electronic trading involves risks."

8. lindq

lindq

Investor RT at www.linnsoft.com

Free data feed if you are an IB customer, and auto trading.

9. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

TradeBullet specializes in TradeStation automation to other brokers such as IB.

10. dmabe

dmabe

The StockTickr Trading Robot works well with IB. It's a good place to start because there's no programming required, so you can go from concept to actual trading very quickly. The performance analysis is second to none.

http://www.stocktickr.com/r/da/docs/ibrobot/

#10     Sep 10, 2008